Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$63074.htmld
VCA, Inc. is searching for our next Recruiter to join the Veterinary Recruiting team. The position will be responsible for recruiting newly graduated Veterinarians for our hospitals across the country. This is a full lifecycle recruiting position which requires experience managing the entire recruiting process. The ideal candidate will reside in the Southeast region and be able to travel throughout the area to visit hospitals, vet school campuses, and interact with candidates. This position is expected to work remotely.
The ideal candidate will be a DVM with recruiting experience and a passion for interacting with veterinary school students. Within the first 90 days you'll be asked to visit vet school campuses in the Southeast region and start building relationships with hospital managers, Medical Directors, Regional Operations Directors (RODs), and other field leadership personnel. Afterwards, you'll be expected to use your experience to build a network of Veterinary contacts to fill positions. Recruiting in the Veterinary industry is extremely challenging. This is not the type of position where you can rely only on active applicants. You'll need to aggressively source for candidates. The ability to communicate effectively with candidates and hiring managers will be crucial. Our hospital field teams are very active partners in the recruiting process and it'll be your responsibility to maintain and nurture those relationships.
We have an excellent recruiting process to move your candidates through the pipeline efficiently. You'll also have access to some of the best recruiting tools available and you'll be supported by our team of 19 Recruiters, 2 support staff and growing!
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with various sourcing tools and technologies.
- Expert level experience with Linked-In Recruiter, database mining, Boolean search strings, cold calling, and targeted passive candidate sourcing.
- DVM degree with at least 5 years of practice experience.
- Intimate knowledge of the veterinary industry.
- At least 3 years of veterinary recruiting experience.
- Experience with Workday Recruiter ATS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visit veterinary schools to connect with students and promote career and externship opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation within the company's ATS.
- Screen applicants for qualifications, availability, interest level, relocation needs, etc.
- Attend and support both internal and external recruiting events.
- Manage candidate and hiring manager expectations throughout the recruiting process.
- Maintain networking contacts for sourcing/recruiting future applicants.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public and prospective applicants regarding job opportunities and qualifications.
- Promote Employee Referral Program.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
VCA Inc. (A division of Mars Pet Healthcare) is the leading provider of pet health care services in the country with a nationwide clinical laboratory system and over 800 free-standing animal hospitals. VCA has an excellent reputation in the pet health care industry caring for approximately five million animals annually. VCA has achieved this position by acquiring and managing high quality veterinary practices, providing preeminent diagnostic laboratory services for animal hospitals across the country and supplying diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry. For further information, visit: www.vcahospitals.com.Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).