Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$41013.htmldA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is a 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Shelton, Connecticut.
VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to work in our Internal Medicine department at our 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Shelton, CT.
If you are looking for a career with an organization that is forward thinking and advanced in medical treatment and care for patients, then look no further! We are looking for an outstanding veterinary technician to work on our team. The candidate should value teamwork and collaboration. Technicians here are utilized to their fullest potential and have many opportunities growth and development.
VCA Shoreline is an Emergency and Specialty hospital located in Shelton, CT. We offer 6 specialties including: Emergency & Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, and Dermatology. Board-certified doctors lead every department, and we offer multiple advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities such as MRI and hemodialysis.
Summary of Job Description and Function:
- Assist with diagnostic testing including sample collection, venipuncture, radiography, submitting and running lab work
- Perform sedation and anesthesia for endoscopes, bronchoscopes, and other procedures
- Assist in patient procedures: preparation of patients, instruments, equipment
- Fill medications
- Plan, organize, and manage the daily flow of services
- Maintenance of equipment used in Internal Medicine service
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete
- General nursing care
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience, CVT Preferred
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Availability to be on-call and work some weekends/holidays
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills