Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$42641.htmldA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is a 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Shelton, Connecticut.
VCA Shoreline Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is seeking Veterinary Technicians to work second or third shift at our 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Shelton, CT.
At VCA Shoreline, your passion for high-quality medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of boarded specialists. You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
We offer 7 specialties including: Emergency & Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology, and Dermatology. We are VECCS Level 1 Certified, indicating our resources and ability to provide sophisticated emergent and critical patient care. Every department is lead by board-certified doctors. We offer multiple advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities such as MRI and hemodialysis.
We are seeking either a candidate who is experienced in emergency medicine, or a skilled Technician who is looking to expand their knowledge and skills. We utilize technicians to the fullest extent, and want you to reach your highest potential!
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the veterinary field or Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Proficient in drug calculations Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Availability to work some weekends/holidays
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Summary of Job Description and Function:
The ICU/ER team works together to care for hospitalizing patients from all services, triage incoming patients, and outpatient care.
- Provides high quality nursing care: physical exam, collecting vitals, recognizing patient trends, phlebotomy, intravenous catheter placement, radiology
- Triage incoming patients.
- Reports patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates medical math (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Administers medications, blood products, etc via appropriate routes and duration.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and provides and monitors anesthesia for basic procedures.
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R. CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.