Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Newark Animal Hospital is a fast-paced, full-service, 24-hour emergency/specialty/general practice in Newark, Delaware.
We are seeking to hire a dedicated, caring Associate General Practice Veterinarian who is looking to work at an AAHA-accredited, well-equipped practice alongside a team of passionate veterinarians.
VCA Newark Animal Hospital is a full-service hospital and have been proudly serving the Tri-State area since 2000. The well-appointed facility boasts a spacious lobby Separate entrances for General practice and Emergency services, extensive treatment area with a special procedures room, digital (including dental) radiography, endoscopy, ultrasound, 12 exam rooms, and a wellness room for our staff to use. VCA Newark Animal Hospital offers our patients and clients outstanding service and medical care. Our services include wellness, early disease detection, dentistry, elective and routine surgeries, digital radiography, in house blood work and advanced surgical procedures such as GDV, splenectomies, GI foreign body, C-section, etc.
VCA Newark Animal Hospital also provides overnight care for sister hospitals in the area, and after hours urgent care/emergency care for the community.
Experienced doctors and new doctors are encouraged to apply! Our strong mentorship capabilities and nurturing team approach will help anyone interested in succeeding learn how to make a positive impact on the overall quality of life for pets.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
- Spacious building with TWELVE exam rooms, wellness room and large treatment room. Desks, laptops and large shared office space for all veterinarians.
- Surgical suites (2) with latest patient monitoring and warming equipment
- Separate ultrasound room with advanced equipment
- Surgical laser
- Snyder oxygen cages
- Separate surgical recovery area, kennel areas and quarantine area
- Separate quiet cat ward
- Sound DR digital radiography, AFP imaging digital dental x-ray, tonometry
- 16 slice CT scanner for in house and referral cases.
- Our management and support team members are an extension of your family! We take pride in our team and in our close relationships with our clients and patients. Our continuous goal is delivering compassionate client service and quality medicine.
- We are 25-35 minutes from Central Philadelphia, Delaware county PA, Chester County PA, and are 15-20 minutes from Elkton MD and Wilmington DE. Our current staff live in Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania -- all with reasonable commutes to the Newark area , in close proximity to the University of Delaware Campus.
- Supportive environment to allow you to advance in the special interests that you desire
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Continuing Education Allowance and Continuing Education Days
- Professional Liability Coverage
- Regional Continuing Education
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Vacation/ Sick time and Paid Holidays
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Woof University - Online Training
- VIP Perks
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We're always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!