- Posted: over a month ago
The Veterinary Assistant is responsible for assisting the Veterinary Technicians and Doctors in providing supportive patient care and maintaining a clean hospital environment.
VCA California Veterinary Specialists is a 24/7 emergency and multi-specialty practice in Carlsbad, California. At VCA-CVS, we strive to deliver specialized, quality, compassionate care to your pet. Our mission is to combine the latest advances in medicine, science, and technology to diagnose, treat, and enhance the quality of life of our patients. We believe in providing, “Special Care from the Heart” because it is who we are and it is what we do. We care about our patient’s families as we bring health and wellness to their pets.
The team at VCA CVS provides around-the-clock care, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We work closely with referring veterinarians to ensure that each pet receives the best care possible. Many tell us our approach is what makes us unique and special. We hope you will agree.
Knowledge & Experience
- Animal Handling Experience
- Veterinary Experience Desirable
- Service Oriented
- Honest and Respectful
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to retain new information
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Basic computer skills and ability to work with hospital software
· Assist and follow the directions of the Department Supervisor, Technicians, and Doctors.
· Safely restrain patients for examination, procedures, and ultrasound.
· Regularly survey patient cages/runs for cleanliness. Clean immediately if needed and record urine/stool on the treatment sheet.
· Walk pets outside if requested by following hospital protocol and clean up after the patient.
· Clip and prep for abdominal and cardiac ultrasounds.
· Properly clean and pack surgical instruments.
· Properly clean the surgery suites, prep area, surgery treatment area, and exam rooms.
· Obtain vitals on patients when requested and be familiar with normal parameters.
· Work with other team members and consistently treat all clients and co-workers with courtesy and professionalism.
· Always respect patient/client confidentiality.
· Handle all animals with both caution and compassion.
The above is only a partial list of job responsibilities. In addition, you may be asked to perform other tasks.
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA CVS, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
- You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
- You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Powered by JazzHR
VCA California Veterinary Specialists
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?