Client Service Representative-Specialty/Emergency and General Practice
VCA Animal Hospitals Irving, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical
VCA Metroplex Animal Hospital is a well-established, AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency and specialty practice in Irving, Texas.
We are seeking an experienced Client Service Representative to join our team. We're looking for the client service unicorn! This is someone who has a real passion for client care and pet health/wellness and does it with style!
We want someone who isn't looking for the "typical" day to day, but rather wants a dynamic kind of work environment, where you get a broad mix of adorable puppies and kittens with emergency and specialty care involved too!
At VCA Animal Hospitals, we take our mission statement – your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal – very seriously. With every opportunity, we aim to exceed each pet owner’s expectations.
We’re looking for a personable yet highly professional “service extraordinaire” to join us in delivering our mission to our clients and their pets.
Why We Need You
As the face of VCA, the Client Service Representative sets the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities. The CSR is the pivot around which the hospital operates and is responsible for:
- Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients.
- Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments.
- Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions.
- Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control).
- Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence.
- Hospital maintenance (including removal of animal waste) and ensuring that facility is neat and clean at all times—both inside and outside.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
- At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
- Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
- The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
You will be taken to the job description on VCAcareers.com, where you can learn more and apply online.
VCA Animal Hospitals
700 West Airport FreewayIrving, TX
BusinessView all jobs at VCA Animal Hospitals