VBC Manufacturing Hamlet, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Volumetric Building Companies is an established company experiencing significant growth that has been heavily engaged in the modular construction industry over the last decade. Our company builds exclusively with modular components and has won several awards and much industry recognition for the same. Utilizing modular construction in an urban environment requires much logistical, spatial and social engineering to successfully implement a project. We are a team of experienced, driven and friendly leaders and associates and we are looking for the best new addition for our team. Our success is created by our people and our people are our biggest asset.
VBC | Manufacturing is the division representing our expansion into full-focused commercial modular manufacturing.
We facilitate the collaboration of all engineering and architectural details before the manufacturing stage. Because of this, we at VBC are innovating and shaping construction itself with creative solutions at every stage of the building process — from initial brainstorming to seeing a project through to completion.
Here at VBC | Manufacturing, we’re more than a team. We want our employees to consider us as a career — not a 9-to-5 job. Your coworkers are not just your colleagues, but also your lifeline at work. It is our responsibility to push for the highest safety standards not only for the client but also for each other.
We are looking to add a CNC Machinist to join our growing team.Job Description
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Must poses Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, JudgmentQualifications
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Pay for this position is based on experience. VBC offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, holiday pay and generous 401(k).
ManufacturingView all jobs at VBC Manufacturing