Mobile Service Technician / Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently have an opening for a Mechanic to join our team. It will include in shop work as well as mobile on site repair in the DFW Area. We will supply a service truck for you. This position requires working on Heavy truck, trailers, and equipment, diagnosing mechanical issues and repairing them in a quick and timely manner. Strong attention to detail is required to perform the duties of this position, which include performing scheduled preventative maintenance checks and responding to any equipment or vehicle issues that arise. The Mobile Service Technician is responsible for maintaining the fleet for clients and to handle service calls at client locations. Provide service to our customers while maintaining exceptional customer service.
Experienced heavy equipment, light and heavy duty vehicles, trailer preventive maintenance lube tech.
Company service truck provided. All drivers operating a company vehicle must be at least 21 years old. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and an acceptable driving record. Demonstrated level of responsibility.
Being punctuality is important.
MUST have own tools, required.
Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on trucks, trailers and equipment
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
· Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
· Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
· Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems. Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
· Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
· Maintain work area appearance and safety use hand tools including wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
· Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
· Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
· Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
· Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
· Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
· Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
· Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
· Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Completes troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds engine products.
· Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
· Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines and customer protocols.
· Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
· Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
· Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
· Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
· Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships.
· Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
· Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
· Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Maintain customer relationships.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
VAUGHAN EQUIPMENT SALES AND RENTAL, INCWhy Work Here?
Great team in great enviorment
AutomotiveView all jobs at VAUGHAN EQUIPMENT SALES AND RENTAL, INC