For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting LLC. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com , or on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Title: Part-time Admin Assistant
Location: Tampa, FL – Corporate Headquarters
Position Summary: Provide clerical assistance to Accounting Department and office staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Accounting staff
Various Accounting duties as needed
Order and track company credit cards
Processing Expense Reports
Verify correct per diem amounts
Ensure cost/expense allowability utilizing the JTR (Joint Travel Regulations)
Submit travel reimbursement amounts to payroll operator semi-monthly
Review all travel receipts for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
Monitor due dates for expense authorizations and expense reports
Answer all employee inquiries relating to expense authorizations and expense reports
Resolve escalations and handle all queries
Support Administrative staff
Greet and provide general support to visitors
Maintain and order office/kitchen supplies
Organize and schedule meetings, luncheons, and appointments
Process office mailings
Process business card orders
Run business related errands as needed by staff (transportation a must)
Assist personnel and perform various office duties as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and Work Experience:
High school diploma – some college preferred
Skilled in Microsoft office
1-2 years’ experience in a professional environment
Desired but not required : The understanding of government travel regulations as defined in the Joint Travel Regulations Handbook. The knowledge of Deltek Costpoint accounting system.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, LLC. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.