For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Operations Technician
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
The United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) provides aerospace medicine training, education, and consultation to enhance warfighter performance and combat casualty care for worldwide operations in garrison and war. It is the center for aeromedical education, training, and consultation in direct support of USAF, Department of Defense (DoD), and in operations. USAFSAM provides peacetime and contingency support in hyperbaric, human performance, clinical and environmental health, expeditionary medical support, and aeromedical evacuation.
The purpose of this effort is to perform tasks and activities in support of USAFSAM Centrifuge and Research Altitude Chambers (RAC). This support will include providing centrifuge and RAC operations support and assistance necessary to aid in mission accomplishment.
Specific duties include:
Operate the Centrifuge and RAC by performing the following duties:
• Run the startup checklist at the beginning of the day or ensure another qualified person (or persons) prepares the centrifuge for the day’s mission. If inspections are coming due and cannot be accomplished in house, notify the centrifuge engineer or principal investigator.
• Perform the shutdown checklist at the end of daily operations and confirm the equipment is configured for the next scheduled activity.
• Ensure preventative maintenance and recurring inspections are scheduled and coordinated with appropriate personnel in advance to minimize downtime.
• Assist with the setup, reconfiguration and disassembly of test apparatus.
• Assist with ensuring the rider is properly suited and integrated in the gondola correctly.
• For centrifuge operations, make sure the proper personnel are ready for the testing, training or research session.
• The normal stations for operations include the following:
o Data Station: collects data, properly labels the video, and backs up files
o Centrifuge Operator: operates the centrifuge for the day’s activities
o Lecturer: provides instructions to the students and/or subjects
o Crew Chief: performs daily readiness and shut-down checklists; loads/unloads the student/subject into the gondola
• For RAC operations, make sure the proper personnel are ready for the testing or research session. The normal stations for operations include the following:
• Chamber Operator: operates the RAC for the day’s activities
• Crew Chief: performs pre-flight checklist and maintains equipment during operations
• Flight Supervisor: responsible person overseeing the chamber flight
• Emergency Response Team Member on centrifuge and altitude chamber operations, assisting in extraction of test subjects when required.
• Performance of centrifuge and altitude chamber monthly safety checks.
• Communicate clear instructions to centrifuge and altitude research subjects and trainees.
• Assist with Air Force human-use protocols.
• Perform administrative duties, such as scheduling/graduating students and subjects within the USAF Oracle Training Application, in support of centrifuge operations and research.
Education and Work Experience:
• Previous military experience as either an aerospace physiology technician or equivalent training/experience in a research laboratory or training facility.
• Experience with exploratory and advanced life support equipment projects, to include support of developmental and operational test and evaluation.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• NACI / SF85
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.