For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Medical Researcher
Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
The purpose of this effort is to provide professional, scientific and technical support services for the 711th Human Performance Wing (711 HPW), Airman Systems Directorate (RH), Warfighter Optimization Division (RHM), Department of Biomedical Impact of Flight (RHMF) and to respond to the need for data abstraction support for a research study related to the use of enteral feeding during Critical Care Air Transport (CCAT) patient movements.
This effort includes tasks and activities to be performed to support the abstraction of retrospective, CCAT patient data for analysis within the research study. Support shall require interface with 711 HPW staff.
Education and Work Experience:
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in a medical field, data management, or comparable.
• Must be professional, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment and be able to complete assigned tasks accurately, timely, and independently or with minimal guidance from the project lead.
• Prior military experience or previous experience working in a military environment desired.
• Familiarity with the U.S. Air Force culture and policy is desired.
• Experience in military aeromedical evacuation (AE) and CCAT is preferred.
• Must possess at least 1 year of experience with data abstraction from Theater Medical Data Store (TMDS).
• Must possess technical writing and presentation skills, including the ability to conduct scientific literature reviews.
• Possess the ability to thrive in a team environment, yet able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal guidance from the team lead.
• Possess experience or knowledge with research methodology, quality improvement, and development of technical documents.
• Demonstrate proficiency working with clinical databases and information technology to Microsoft Office software.
• Possess outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• NACI / SF85
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.