For over a decade, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting Inc. (VATC) has combined its joint training experience, innovative engineering talent and intelligence expertise to pioneer the development of the most advanced Distributed Missions Operations (DMO) training environments available anywhere in the world. Combining the latest open geospatial data standards with an integrated suite of innovative DMO training solutions, VATC offers a legacy of proven performance, leading subject-matter expertise and the most innovative technological solutions to the modern military’s growing challenges. For more information, visit us at www.vatcinc.com, or on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Title: Information Technology Engineer
Location: Ft Gillem, GA
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) has partnered with the Army’s Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA) which is the parent organization to the Defense Forensics Science Center (DFSC), by providing subject matter experts into the global forensics and biometrics labs and being the responsible organization for the Weapons-Technical-Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT). The Naval Expeditionary Forensics and Biometrics (NEFB) is part of the overall Identity Management concept within the military services. This contract provides support to Naval efforts related to forensics and biometrics.
Position located at Ft Gillem, GA (CONUS), with potential limited travel to OCONUS locations as required to support the mission. Position supports the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
• Perform installation, maintenance, trouble-shooting, and decommissioning of computer components and network hardware/software to include Microsoft Windows 2012 servers in support of a global DoD database.
• Install, operate, and maintain computer processors, servers, displays, and input/output devices, and all associated hardware interfaces.
• Assist in maintaining an accurate computer systems inventory.
• Perform all necessary modifications to computer systems and servers, such that they conform to local and DoD configuration policies for both software versions and hardware components.
• Maintain appropriate certifications to work on government systems at their location.
• Assist the government in the documentation and preparation of systems for attaining an Interim Authority to Operate (IATO) and Authority to Operate (ATO) for any and all instances of the global DoD database.
• Modify, implement and maintain web based information systems and links as they relate to the database and global user community.
• Provide systems engineering and technical support for establishment, test, upgrade, and operational support of systems, networks, servers, workstations, and all associated hardware and software.
• Assist the government in information systems design, development, interim operations and maintenance, information technology architecture, and IT planning. This includes IT support requirements for distributed computing, programming, information systems, enterprise management, security management, security requirements, and associated networks.
• Communicate with users, customer, and management the status of any system outages, as needed.
• Assist the government with all administrative tasks associated with the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation and Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
o These tasks will include, but not limited to, Network and WEAT account creation, administration of servers, administration of SQL database, troubleshooting network connectivity, troubleshooting WEAT capability issues, maintenance of associated HW and SW, maintaining required documentation, periodic inventory management, and all other duties as assigned.
• Five years of experience that includes at least two years of experience in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer components and networking hardware.
• Must hold the Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II Certification(s) required to work on government IT systems. (CompTIA Security+ CE or higher).
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Administrator (MCSA) certified.
• Experience in writing technical documentation related to one of more of the above work areas.
• Experience applying Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) settings.
• Experience also includes installing, operating, and maintaining computer processors, displays, and input/output devises and associated hardware interfaces.
• US Citizenship
• Active DoD SECRET security clearance.
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.