Architect and Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $75,000 Hourly
Architect and Project Manager
Director of Facility Design
No Direct Reports
The Designer / Architect Project Manager drives, reinforces, and evolves the VASA brand experience through overall club design standards, quality reviews ensuring consistency throughout all clubs to attract new members and deepen the emotional connection people have with our brand. This person understands overall design and construction with the ability to collaborate and coordinate vision and maintain design intent. Designer / Architect Project Manager will support all partnerships, driving successful relationships and design integration within and outside the organization. They will support VASA in launching new and remodel clubs on time, within budget, while maintaining standards and quality.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review existing site conditions and architectural drawings to generate space plans for new and existing gyms based on prototype standards.
- Coordinate with architects / designers and engineers to complete construction documents for permitting.
- Responsible for quality control of all design documents and ensures compliance and consistency with VASA standards.
- Prepare internal Sketch Up models to evaluate overall design.
- Create or coordinate with architect to provide exterior renderings for internal review studies, landlord approvals, and website coming soon images.
- Produce VASA internal plans (Fitness Equipment Layouts, Paint, AV/IT, and Flooring) to assist operations with owner provided order placement and General Contractors to help understand complexity and planning specifics of our gym design.
- Coordinate with brand team on graphics, room signage, and instructional sign placement to tie overall design and brand standards together for graphic installers.
- Facilitates efforts internally with design team, operations, marketing, and externally with architect to evolve and maintain prototype standards and updates. Ensures design and brand standards improve over time to satisfy members and maintain competitive advantage.
- Prepare and manage schedules with internal and external milestones using VASA project management tools.
- Collaborate with Development Team to manage budgets, design, and construction phases.
- Coordinate with Development and Operations to ensure realistic timelines and expectations are met in relation to gym openings.
- Supports General Contractor with construction administration that includes shop drawings, submittals, RFIs, and site visits (Colorado).
- Review owner provided millwork shop drawings and associated quotes to ensure consistency and standards.
- Partner with Facilities to assist in remodel and refresh projects on existing gyms.
- Ability to assist with CAD standards: creating blocks, updating template, and creating how to documents for standardization.
- Research FFE (Furniture, Finishes, and Equipment) as required to improve overall design and brand standards.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in commercial, hospitality or retail design.
- Attention to detail and standardization.
- Experience working with internal and external design and construction teams and the ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent design development and execution skills.
- Open-minded to new approaches and ability to think outside the box.
- Optimistic mindset with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate the why and how.
- Naturally collaborative, with the desire to grow and leverage relationships at all levels.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of ownership, sense of urgency and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and stay extremely organized in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passion for fitness and bringing healthy living to as many people as possible.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Photoshop, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Revit is a plus.
VASA Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ConstructionView all jobs at VASA Fitness