The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for all Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering and Maintenance. Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Manage and coordinate plant operations within company policies and procedures that produce products that meet quality, cost, volume and service criteria and objectives
- Initiate plans and processes, which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of employees, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers' expectations.
- Create and maintain Staffing and material budget for the Production department.
- Foster an environment where safety and quality are high priorities.
- Work closely with functional departments to ensure coordination between sales, customer service, loading, shipping, purchasing, receiving and finance.
- Maintain individual skills, keeping up to date with latest production, technological changes and production management
- Develop employees by establish, manage and maintain a well-trained and motivated staff.
- All Stir employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All Stir employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Lead CapEx projects, as approved by the Director of Operations
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technical field or commensurate experience.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or more.
- 5 years of experience of managerial experience or more.
- Energetic, creative, self-directed manager with high level of integrity.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- In depth understanding of all areas of operations management.
- Ability to administer a proactive management approach.
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in ERP systems, preferably in Deacom
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a food science/technology or engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of food, dairy and/or packaging experience or more.
- SQF experience.
- A robust background in Lean Manufacturing deployment and continuous improvement.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.