Salary Grade/Range: NA
Reports to: Superintendent
An Apprentice 2-4year, third semester electrical apprentice who is enrolled in a qualified (CEF or IEC) electrical apprenticeship program and has
1000-8000 hours of actual on-the-job experience. Works under the guidance of a Journeyman level electrician assisting in the installation, alterations, additions, and/or repair of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment on any type project
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
1. Helps in securing, relocating and organizing materials, small tools, and equipment from and back to appropriate storage areas.
2. Keeps work area clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
3. Keeps materials and tools clean and organized in an orderly fashion.
4. Assists in pulling wire, lifting, hoisting and positioning materials.
5. May operate less complicated hand tools and equipment under direct supervision of a Foreman or more senior electrician.
6. Digs trenches by use of hand tools.
7. Assists in mounting and strapping conduit.
8. Assists more senior personnel in less complicated electrical installations, connections, and terminations under close supervision.
9. Performs other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervisor.
10. Meets attendance standards and complies with late/absence notification procedures.
11. Attends at least 144 hours of classroom instruction during each year of apprenticeship training, maintaining a minimum passing grade of 70.
NOT WORK ON ENERGIZED CIRCUITS OR EQUIPMENT.
1. Basic Mathematical Skills
2. Technical and Mechanical Capacity
5. Ethical Capacity
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary, 40
hours per week, overtime may be required.
Job Sites can be located in multiple locations and out-of-area and
overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Licenses: Current Driver’s License and must have own reliable transportation.
- High School Graduate, GED or equivalent.
- Must be enrolled in a qualified electrical apprenticeship program with 0-1000 hours of on-the-job experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Authorization/Security Clearance Must be authorized to work in the United States of America
We are an EEO Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
VA Electrical ContractorsNew Kent, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.