Form Setter - Concrete
Under general supervision, is responsible for performing skilled work in carpentry and maintenance of roads and streets. Form setting for concrete flat work such as sidewalks, driveways, foundations, curbs, retaining walls, and wheelchair ramps. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff. Contribute to the Team effort for success by working wherever they are needed when they are available.
• Able to accept and use clear and concise directions in order to complete work assignments
• Knowledge of carpentry terminology and materials used in the trade.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics.
• Skill in using carpentry tools and equipment.
• Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
• Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position
• Able to travel to and from locations as needed
• Able to train less experienced employees
• Able to set realistic deadlines and follow up to insure quality results
• Able to reason out any situation in the absence of the Superintendent and their Super Foreman
• Able to successfully operate correctly and train the operation of any piece of equipment on their job
• Able to work outside requiring tolerance of outside temperatures including excess heat, cold and precipitation
• Able to anticipate problems on the job before they happen in order to avoid wasted time and materials
• Able to maintain confidentiality and be above reproach with regards to all V.K. Knowlton Construction and Utilities, Inc
• Complete all daily, weekly and monthly tasks
• Ensure all required paperwork and conditions are met and followed as designed
• Ensure the data entered is accurate and if there are questions concerning their accuracy, resolve the issues found
• Concrete Form setter reports to their Foreman on their assigned jobs
• Can shoot grades and elevations
• Get steel tied, create ponds, culverts and bridges ensuring they are correctly measured and dug accurately the first time
• Performs light concrete finishing.
• Excavates and preps for concrete forms.
• Tie various type of steel for concrete structures.
• Able to work with hand tools such as handsaws, sledgehammers, hammer drills, and general construction tools.
• Works from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions.
• May supervise semi-skilled employees in carpentry and maintenance
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Must have a valid driver’s license to drive a company vehicle.
• Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
• Able to pump water using the appropriate equipment
• Follow the drawings and specifications from the estimate/bid
• Know the difference between good and bad product as it is delivered
• Respond to the Engineer, General Contractor and their team to resolve issues
• Revises work duties per approved change orders based on direction from Foreman
• Maintains and insures all OSHA standards are met
• Quality of finished jobs meet or exceed standards
• Deadlines are met or exceeded
• Positive feedback received from Superintendents, Super Foreman and Foreman on communications and exchange of information