Carol Stream based contractor for FedEx is looking for qualified candidates for Full-Time position. We are a rapidly growing company looking for motivated, safety focused, dedicated individuals to join our team. We are seeking for honest, responsible, and hardworking people. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you and join our team.
*ALSO: Part-Time position available (Saturday and/or Monday). SUNDAY shift will be available from November 2019
This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 – 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
All candidates are expected to comply with FedEx appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.
- MUST be 21+ with Valid Driver's License (Class "C" a must)
- CLEAN Driving & Criminal Record
- Able to pass drug and physical test!
- MUST have 1Y Experience Driving for Business (FedEx, Amazon, UPS, DHL, Peapod, furniture delivery, pizza acceptable)
- Must Be in good physical condition as this is a very physically demanding job
- Friendly customer service skills
- Team Player
>> FedEx will verify motor vehicle record, run a background check, and a DOT physical <<
- Continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 5 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 150 lbs.
- Climb into and out of van or truck repeatedly and frequently throughout the day, up to 100+ or more times a day
- Frequently move the whole body to perform tasks such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and handling of materials
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl in awkward positions
- Sit while driving vehicle from stop to stop
- Ability to work outdoor in all climate conditions
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Safety must be your top priority at all times
- Must be in good physical condition;able to lift 70 lbs and maneuver up to 150 lbs
- Organize and load truck to ensure proper delivery
- Deliver and pick-up packages according to company’s specifications
- Follow proper safety protocol, routes, and time schedule
- Conduct inspections of vehicle before and after your route
- Commitment to come on time and complete your daily route|
- Good communication and problem solving skills, must speak English
- Attractive competitive pay package
- Paid Training
- One week paid vacation after one year
- Bonuses for performance and safety
- Uniforms provided
- Work independently on the road with no one looking over your shoulder
FULL TIME Schedule: 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) from 9:00AM - 5:00PM 40 hours per week guarantee
PART TIME Schedule: 1 and/or 2 days a week (Saturday and/or Monday) from 8:00AM.
SUNDAY position will be available from November. Good for second job as an extra income.
Pay: $18-$22/hr to start with paid training with generous increases for service and safety