V&P Nurseries is looking for a Dispatch Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for routing deliveries to hundreds of customers throughout the southwestern states.
This position requires a dynamic and self-motivated individual who can work alone and with a team. You must be able to handle last minute changes as well as completing your daily tasks and will need to maintain an accurate inventory of all fleet equipment, including but not limited to tractors, trailers, fuel cards, and ELD devices.
Essential Functions Include But Not Limited To:·
- Route trucks with a two-day turnaround (e.g. orders go in Monday for Wednesday deliveries)
- Responsible for communication regarding a drivers route progress, errors in routing information, time frames, and any other work order issues that negatively impact customer satisfaction with delivery service. Shares responsibility ensuring drivers are effective and productive in the field.
- Communicate issues to sales reps: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, shortages, broken-down trucks, truck appointments for specific deliveries.
- Monitor drivers’ compliance with scheduled routes and communicate issues to Manager
- Schedule temp-drivers and common carriers if necessary
- Get status on down trucks.
- Adjust job schedule for truck shortages.
- Make corrections to daily schedule as needed.
- Assist drivers with directions, job locations and plant locations.
- Check on jobs throughout the day to ensure they are running properly
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Managerial experience
- Knowledge of certifications requirements for drivers, inspection requirements for tractor-trailers, certifications requirements for drivers, inspection requirements for tractor-trailers, and knowledge of ELD mandate.
- Working knowledge of Valley Roadways
- Able to work with a flexible schedule if needed
- Must be willing and open to suggestions from your drivers and coworkers.
- Must identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- 2-3 years related experience preferred.
- Strong people skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle high-stressed situations
- Reliable, confident and energetic
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Must work well in stressful environments
- Must work well in group settings
- High school or equivalent. Secondary education a plus.
V&P Nurseries prioritizes making employees from all walks of life feel welcome. Individualities are celebrated and everyone feels like they have a place at the company. Exclusionary behavior is not tolerated.
All applicants must be able to pass drug and background screenings.
For additional information please visit: http://vpnurseries.com.
Why Work Here?V & P Nurseries is a wholesale nursery located in Queen Creek, Arizona that specializes in growing native, arid-adapted and sub-tropical plants for the desert southwest. V&P Nurseries supplies contractors, landscape architects and retailers in the southwestern region. Our coverage area includes Phoenix, Tucson, Southern Nevada, Southern Utah and the desert cities of Southern California, New Mexico and Texas. We provide plants to local Home Depot's and Lowe's stores in the southwestern states as well as nurseries, landscapers, other box stores and plant providing businesses in the southwest region. For additional information please visit: http://vpnurseries.com.
Lots of room for growth within a company that truly cares for it's employees and likes to have fun and makes our jobs enjoyable!
Queen Creek, AZ