Plant Manager - Waco, Texas
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Plant Manager is responsible for leading all manufacturing operations for the site including: Safety, Manufacturing, Planning, Purchasing, Maintenance, Quality, Inventory Management, Technical Operations, Cost, Team Development and Recruitment.
Primary Responsibilities / Essential Functions
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Lead through example in cultivating a safety culture that ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Actively manages the safety program in a manner that supports a positive safety culture.
- Delivers EHS&S performance in compliance with OHSA standards and regulations
- Manages site compliance with all local, state, regional and national laws, regulations and directives.
Manufacturing Management / Planning
- Develop, implement and maintain manufacturing plans to ensure the plant operates at optimum levels with efficient utilization of people, equipment, and resources.
- Proactively directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, maintenance and plant services issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Ensures superior customer service and quality through effective plant scheduling and cross department communication.
- Minimizes rework, scrap and material losses; maximizes throughput yields. Continuously seeks and implements cost and waste reduction initiatives.
- Ensures that an effective maintenance program is in place to support the operational reliability of plant and equipment
- Participates in the planning processes for the division, assisting in the development of the annual and long range plans.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement in seeking to improve processes by focusing on enhancing the activities that generate the most value for our customers while removing as many forms of waste as possible.
- Utilize tools like 5S, Lean and 6Sigma.
Team Management & Development
- Manages a direct team of 5-7 and total team of 35 to 50 employees.
- Identifies, manages and develops talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness. Fosters a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Coaches through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Provides training to new and existing staff and support them in their career goals.
- Uses effective change management skills to effectively plan, implement and evaluate change management objectives
Manufacturing Support Activities
- Oversees overall plant operation including production planning, daily production operation, management of maintenance and warehouse operation
- Ensures KPIs and targets are developed for departmental activities; manages to targets.
- Manages engineering activities. Develops and implements short term and long term capital plans.
- Ensures capital projects are delivered to scope, on time and within budget.
- Oversees purchasing for consumables and raw materials. Supports Strategic Sourcing efforts. Works with local suppliers to develop relationships as needed,
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of all plant equipment.
- Review SOP creation, training of staff to these and adherence in all departments.
- Oversee all staff activities and performance. Perform resource planning for all departments.
- Responsible for all aspects of product quality in coordination with laboratory quality control staff
- Ensure raw material planning and procurement to meet manufacturing needs.
- Coordinate with US headquarters in preparation of yearly budget.
- Develop reports on plant performance to VP of Manufacturing.
- Coordinate with HSE specialist for safety training and relevant OSHA training.
- Coordinates with US financial group to ensure profitability of plant operations.
- Coordinates with US logistic group to plan productivity targets
- Assist the VP of Manufacturing and Safety with design and project management of new plant, as needed.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Business, Management, or related field; or equivalent experience in a similar position
- Project Management qualification
- Lean/ Six Sigma, Green Belt certification
Uzin Utz North America
Based in Aurora, CO, Uzin Utz North America, Inc. is the North American subsidiary of UZIN-UTZ AG, Ulm, Germany. The company was founded in 1911 and is a vertically integrated manufacturer of product systems designed for the preparation, installation, finishing and care of all types of floorcoverings. Uzin Utz North America offers its products under the PALLMANN (Hardwood Complete: subfloor preparation, adhesives, sanding, surface treatment & floor care), UZIN (moisture mitigation, primers, leveling compounds, and adhesives), and WOLFF (floor strippers, grinders and installation tools) brand names. We are currently in the process of building our second manufacturing plant in Waco, TX! Check out the construction progress here --> https://us.uzin.com/about-us/texas-plant
ManufacturingView all jobs at Uzin Utz North America