Who we are:
We are a high-volume personal injury law firm whose mission is to work hard and do right by people. As a leader in the industry, we find it important to use our core values to help and to stand up for real people in need.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced personal injury paralegal to work with our managing attorney and who is comfortable managing supporting personnel in the litigation department. Our litigation team includes medical records clerks and legal assistants. You will be responsible for a litigation caseload as well as monitoring the production of the litigation team and their processes. Prior senior-level paralegal experience is required, and prior management experience is strongly preferred.
What you'll be doing:
· Accurately Drafting Petitions, Answers, Discovery, Motions, Demands, and other legal documents as needed.
· Preparing cases for the litigation process, such as scheduling deadlines, hearing, and trial dates.
· Managing the department calendar – setting and calendaring hearings, depos and mediations
· Filing the appropriate documents with the court and serve the opposing parties.
· Assisting the attorneys with case management and trial as needed.
· Continually communicating with clients, courts, opposing counsel, experts and mediators in a professional manner.
· Sorting, scanning, renaming, saving and distributing litigation mail and faxes.
· Auditing cases for all expenses (medical bills, case expenses, LOP providers, subro liens).
· Negotiating with providers and lien holders to dispute charges or obtain reductions.
· Accurately maintaining case management data in Salesforce (case management database).
· Preparing trial documents and assist with trial preparation.
· Submitting documents for e-filing and e-service.
· Requesting and ordering medical records and affidavits.
· Managing a team of litigation assistants and medical records clerks.
· Proficient in personal injury law involving motor vehicle accidents.
· Proficient in preparing discovery responses.
· Professional in appearance, behavior and confident.
· Familiar with common deadlines and protocols of personal injury litigation.
· Detail oriented, highly organized and tech-savvy.
· Strong in computer skills and written and verbal communication.
· Efficient and effective with overall time management.
· Determined to learn and adapt in a high paced atmosphere.
· Able to handle and work great under pressure.
· Have a great attitude and be able to work as an individual and as a team.
· Care about and enjoy caring for our clients (You must appreciate that our clients come to us with their problems and we find a solution to their problems, with a smile and patience.)
· Experienced in managing a litigation team, its processes and deadlines.
· Able to bring three (3) years of personal injury litigation experience to the table.
· Available to work 40+ hours per week.
· A self-starter as the ideal candidate will have a large role in establishing litigation protocol for non-attorney staff.
· Have an understanding of litigation case development and the experience and desire to move cases efficiently.
Benefits of working with us:
· We have a leadership team that values feedback and embraces tech
· After training, you will have the opportunity to work remotely most days
· The firm is growing quickly and offers the ability to learn something new each day
· Our core values emphasize the importance of working as a team and giving an unparalleled client experience.
· Competitive compensation and benefits package available
Uvalle Law Firm
Why Work Here?Personal Injury Law Firm
Great CEO, awesome work culture and amazing coworkers