Job Title: Lead Service Technician
Reports To: Area Manager
DOT LICENSE REQUIRED
2 years Team Management experience required
Occasional overnight needed (1-2 nights/month)
Schedule: 40 hours/week; 8-10 hours per day (Monday-Friday)
This position involves a LOT of driving.
National Entertainment Network (NEN), a private equity backed company, is the nation’s dominant amusement vending service provider. Over its 30+ year history, NEN has defined front-end retail and restaurant entertainment with a diverse portfolio of offerings including skill-crane games, capsule toy/confection stands, video games, and kiddie rides. NEN has over 55,000 machines in over 15,000 locations across the country.
This position will contribute to our success by supervising personnel (Service Technician, FSS) who repair and maintain our coin operated entertainment equipment, located throughout the Territory and in the warehouse/shop. The lead technician will regularly be expected to perform all of the duties of a service technician while also contributing strategic planning to accomplish field operations objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide operational direction to service technicians and FSS positions
- Provide training to service technicians in the territory
- Deliver status updates on current field repair initiatives to area manager
- Maintain oversight of territory parts budget
- Analyze, order parts, and repair electrical equipment
- Stock and manage inventory of parts and supplies
- Keep service area clean and organized in the warehouse
- Keep warehouse machines in "ready to install" condition
- Oversee service call logs to maximize machine up-time in the field
- Provide phone support to RSMs during route hours
- Tests and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment
- Maintains company tools in proper working condition
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery
- Test runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs
- Occasional overnight travel in company truck or automobile to remote locations (retailers) where equipment is in need of repair as necessary is required
- Repairs and replaces electrical wiring and components of machinery
- Assembles and disassembles machinery, equipment, components, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools
- Installs or repairs machinery, equipment, components, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools
- Adjusts, connects, and disconnects wiring, piping, and tubing using hand tools or power tools
- Occasionally delivers machines or products to locations upon request by territory managers or area manager
This position does have supervisory responsibilities. They must be able to supervise and provide training to subordinate service tech staff. Must be able to mentor, coach, and provide timely feedback to staff within their scope of Supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of electricity, both 120 Volt AC and 12 Volt DC required
- Knowledge of basic electronics required
- Current driver’s license in good standing required.
- Background checks, credit checks, and drug tests will be required
- Ability to work overtime as needed
· Ability to travel overnight at least 25% of the time
- Must be at least 21 if DOT certification required
- Successfully pass a motor vehicle record check for the prior three (3) years
- Successfully pass a pre-employment fit for duty physical and DOT physical
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- At least two (2) years prior team management experience required
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Strong general mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift and or/move up to 50 lbs. or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour