Field Service Mechanic
- Posted: over a month ago
This position will require full-time, nationwide travel
Compensation: Field Mechanics work an average of 55-60 hours per week. Hours worked past 40 will be paid at time-and-a-half. Based on this, mechanics can expect to make an average of $70k-125k annually (depending on experience level).
Travel Accommodations: You will be paid $100 per diem on days worked. This money is paid out on your weekly paycheck and is to cover your living expenses while on the road. On a 5 to 6-day work week, you can expect to make an annual average of $20k of subsistence.
Utility Fleet Services is one of North America’s premier mobile fleet repair companies. We are Headquartered in Heber, Utah, and specialize in utility equipment and vehicle repairs.
UFS is a fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services, LLC.
Utility Fleet Services is hiring in our fleet maintenance division for Traveling Mechanics. Travel to outside locations will be required up to 100% of the time. You will repair and maintain construction equipment, such as derricks, shovels, tractors, lo-drill, heavy trucks, excavators, and wire pulling equipment. Fabrication and welding may be included in duties along with any other tasks as assigned.
We provide career-growth opportunities for both aspiring and master-level mechanics!
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Willingness to travel nationwide
- 2-5 years of unsupervised heavy equipment mechanic experience (we will consider applicants without experience if they have some type of formal training)
- Fabrication and welding experience preferred
- Ability to work long hours and move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License
- Compliance with OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations.
- Valid DOT Medical Certification
- Heavy equipment mechanic certification preferred
- Pass pre-employment and other drug screening requirements
Powered by JazzHR
Utility Fleet Services
AutomotiveView all jobs at Utility Fleet Services