***THIS IS A FULL TIME TRAVELING POSITION, FOR PROJECTS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY***
Job Posting Title
Journeyman Lineman/3rd & 4th Year Apprentice Lineman
Probst Electric Inc. is one of North America's premier utility construction companies. Probst is headquartered in Heber, Utah and has completed projects all over the United States and Canada. Probst specializes in high voltage transmission line construction, along with design build, and maintenance services for both the public and private sector utilities. Probst offers a full spectrum of utility construction services in a variety of markets including transmission, distribution, drilling, foundations, and associated electrical. Probst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Probst Electric is recruiting for qualified Journeyman Linemen for positions working throughout the U.S. We are also looking for any 3rd or 4th year Apprentice Lineman. This is a traveling position.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
- String wire conductors and cables between poles, towers, trenches, pylons, and buildings, setting lines in place and using winches to adjust tension.
- Open switches or attach grounding devices to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs.
- Climb poles or use truck-mounted buckets to access equipment.
- Place insulating or fireproofing materials over conductors and joints.
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as track hoes, backhoes, digger derricks, lo-drill, air drill, forklift, cranes, skid steers, line pullers, or line tensioners.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures, such as checking equipment regularly and erecting barriers around work areas.
- Excavate and drill holes
- Erect and maintain structures
- Right of Way clearing and reclamation
- Direct and teach laborers, apprentices, and ground men
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work long hours and move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Compliance with OSHA and other Federal, State, and local safety regulations.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to work in the capacity of Power Lineman without direct supervision
- Ability to supervise subordinate line workers
- Pass pre-employment and other drug screening requirements
- Travel required for some positions
Employment Type-Full Time
City- Varies-Travel may be required