Senior Engineering Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Utilitra has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician based in our Wisconsin office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we'd love to hear from you.
About Our Company
Utilitra is a woman-owned firm specializing in utility and technology solutions. We offer design, construction, and metering services to utilities, and supply businesses and municipalities with robust technology services through our team of IT professionals. Our ability to integrate distinct specialties gives customers the opportunity to work with a coordinated team for the design and maintenance of their infrastructure.
About The Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the electronic drafting support of engineering activities associated with utility construction.
- Comprehends every detail about the construction site, the work, and the feasibility of the construction
- Design and construction of overhead and underground high voltage electrical systems
- Conducts field audits for the construction of gas and/or electrical power systems
- Subject matter expert for single and three-phase services and gas extensions
- Consults with customers; responsible for daily contract administration
- Provides engineering information to customers; responds to inquiries and requests
- Collaborates to resolve problems
- Assesses risk management and cost optimization to align with agreed-upon parameters
- Fosters a safe, productive job-site environment and quality work products; encourages an attitude of safety and quality in others; redirects anyone on a job site who may start to do something in an unsafe way; demonstrates a concern for everyone's safety
- Actively participates in meetings related to projects, construction, and departmental activities
- Guards product and company reputation by complying with all applicable legal, safety, and municipal requirements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational opportunities, reading professional publications, networking, and participating in professional associations
- Serve as an example for other employees to strive towards and foster a culture of respect, integrity, and kindness
- Other duties as assigned
- Cross-train in all facets of the Engineering Division, preparing to fill in for anyone absent and grow in responsibility and scope over time.
The person in this role will uphold the culture of Utilitra, including relationship building with customers as well as general behavior on Utilitra or client premises or at Utilitra sponsored events.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience
- Minimum two-year degree in applicable engineering/technical field or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of computer drafting (AutoCAD acceptable, MicroStation preferred)
- Basic understanding of utility electric standards and procedures
- Knowledge of electric utility equipment in the field and understanding of the electric distribution process
- Ability to design electric distribution systems based on field/site conditions and notes, utility infrastructure maps, and input from utility engineers
- Experience with contractual related project/work environment a plus
- Proficiency level in MS Office applications (specifically Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Willingness to participate in a team environment
- Willingness to work in an outside environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Company-paid health insurance (dental, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance are provided)
- Zero deductibles
- 100% 401k match (up to 5% of salary)
- Paid holiday & vacation time
- Educational assistance
- Various discount programs
Utilitra is committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment where diversity is expected and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce benefits and enriches our mission, vision, and core values, and is a critical component to our company's success.
Utilitra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We proudly extend consideration for employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, protected veteran status, or any other criteria protected by law.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.