- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Systems Engineer, you will help support our network and server infrastructure on-prem as well as contribute to our growing cloud engineering practice. You will leverage industry best practices to deploy and maintain secure systems, oversee compliance processes, and work closely with our customers to meet their integration and authentication objectives.
We offer high compensation to experienced engineers who like working in a collaborative, customer-focused environment. Work is primarily remote at present. Relocation to Chicago not required. Total compensation is $125,000 - $165,000+ DOE. US Citizen or Permanent Work Authorization (Green Card) required.
The list below contains specific tasks that will be required as a Systems Engineer. Additional tasks may be required beyond this list, but these tasks will be required consistently.
• Troubleshoot operational issues on-prem and in the cloud.
• Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot site-to-site and client VPN connections.
• Administer internal/external DNS and Azure AD/Active Directory.
• Configure and monitor DMARC policies according to industry best practices.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of secure cloud solutions in support of rapid & secure development principles.
• Oversee risk analysis, vulnerability scanning, certificate management, password policy, security monitoring, coordination of remediations, and other daily security and compliance efforts.
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for our clients on proper design, configuration, and implementation of technical infrastructure both on-prem and in the cloud.
• Work with clients directly during pre-sale, design, and post-sale.
• Deploy automation of security controls to support and enhance our secure software development lifecycle.
• Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements.
• Design and implement automated testing for all aspects of the development environment.
• Ensure all systems security operations, maintenance activities, and related business processes are properly documented and updated as necessary.
• Perform regular testing and updating of our disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Maintain relevancy with commercial and open source DevSecOps solutions, processes, and architectures.
• Track evidence generation to ensure security compliance credentials are achieved and retained.
• Participate in development and testing of in-house applications and associated cloud infrastructure.
• At least three (3) years of experience with network and server administration in a professional capacity.
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• Experience with Azure AD and Active Directory administration.
• Working knowledge of cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP).
• Understanding of DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust.
• Ability to tackle multiple workstreams simultaneously in a high pace environment.
• Ability to work independently and drive results.
• Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team.
• Excellent client-facing written and oral communications.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience developing cloud-based architectures and deploying on cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
• Experience with automation, monitoring and log analysis tools to manage operations.
• Strong knowledge and day-to-day experience with Terraform or similar Infrastructure-as-Code.
• Familiarity with Linux and Windows system administration.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages (Java, Python).
• Experience with data serialization languages (XML, YAML, JSON).
• Relevant work experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL).
• Expertise with common DevOps related tools.
• Data integration experience and knowledge of relevant best practices.
• Technical expertise with authentication and authorization processes (SAML/OAuth/OpenID Connect) and identity providers (Azure AD, LDAP).
• Good leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
Utilities International, Inc.
Get fresh Server Infrastructure jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.