Associate Software Developer / Technical Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Utilities International, Inc., based in Chicago, IL, is the preeminent provider of financial planning, analysis, and reporting solutions (consulting and software) to the utility industry. We provide both On Premise and SaaS solutions to large and small utility clients across North America. We are recruiting candidates to fill a hybrid Software Developer / Technical Consultant role within our Product group.
In your primary role as a Software Developer on our development team, you will apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support, and maintain complex Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards. This software development role provides a critical foundation to also serve in a technical consulting role in support of our existing and new system implementations for our clients. As a technical consultant you will assist internal staff and client IT staff with all technical aspects of software implementation projects and production support for our clients.
We offer high compensation to technologists and problem solvers who like working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Work is primarily remote at present. Relocation to Chicago area is required. Occasional travel is possible. Total compensation is $95-$155k+ DOE. US Citizen or Permanent Work Authorization (Green Card) required.
- Participate in full stack software development in Java
- Assist with software maintenance tasks assigned to the team – bug fixes, feature development, etc.
- Apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems
- Support SaaS offerings following DevOps best practices.
- Provide technical support to UI implementation project teams, including client IT and end users
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design and programming methodologies.
- Educational or professional experience in Java programming
- An understanding of relational databases
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
Utilities International, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Utilities International, Inc.