Supervisor Quality Control (Northern Virginia)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Supervisor Quality Control Field (Northern VA)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Operations Team at UtiliQuest, LLC as a Quality Assurance Supervisor. UtiliQuest, LLC a leading provider of quality underground utility damage prevention for over three decades. With headquarters located in Alpharetta, Georgia just north of Atlanta, we have offices located in states including California, Indiana, Ohio and the Eastern US from Florida to New York with over 2,500 employees. Founded in 1998, UtiliQuest is a subsidiary of Dycom Industries, a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry.
Meet the team
Our Quality Assurance Supervisor plays a critical role in supporting our Operations partners in damage prevention and quality assurance initiatives. As a result, we hold ourselves to high standards and expectations. It is key that you are a self-motivated professional with strong work ethic, organizational and interpersonal skills, and are ready to add value to our team on day one.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor (QAS) reports directly to the Director of Operations. In this role, the ideal candidate will be highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, while focusing on quality and integrity in the Damage Investigation process. The QAS objectively investigates utility damages and communicates findings to management. The QAS improves quality in assigned areas by identifying and addressing field quality deficiencies resulting in fewer damages.
The day to day…
Key responsibilities will include:
Directs and coordinates activities of employees engaging in Quality Assurance and Damage Investigation activities.
- Supervise a group of 10 or more Quality Assurance Coordinators located throughout the territory.
- Conduct damage investigations to determine, and document root cause.
- Collaborate with internal partners to select and assign quality audits.
- Perform root cause analysis on quality failures and identify trends.
- Assist Quality Assurance Coordinators with troubleshooting.
- Track open/pending investigations and ensure proper and timely completion.
- Train and mentor Quality Assurance Coordinators.
- Will travel throughout territory (frequently and on short notice).
- Ensure proper employee coverage throughout territory.
- Participate in employee annual reviews.
- Represent UtiliQuest in small claims court and depositions when necessary
- Effectively communicate in both verbal and written format.
- Review completed damage investigations and audits for efficiency and accuracy
- Manage monthly JSO’s and weekly safety topic completion; ensure the team is observing required safety procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What do you need…?
Skills for success:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 5 or more years of locating experience and/or equivalent (Preferred)
- 1 or more years of experience in quality auditing and damage investigations (Required)
- Prior computer experience including Excel, Word, and Google Docs
- Ability to speak in group settings
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately manage conflict
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Company Summary
What we offer…
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
UtiliQuest, LLC is a leading provider of quality underground utility damage prevention for over three decades. With headquarters located in Alpharetta, Georgia just north of Atlanta, we have offices located in states including California, Indiana, Ohio and the Eastern US from Florida to New York with over 2,500 employees. Founded in 1998, UtiliQuest is a subsidiary of Dycom Industries, a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry.
To learn more about our company and benefits, please visit our website UtiliQuest Careers
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
10110 Battleview PkwyManassas, VA
Get fresh Supervisor Quality Control (Northern Virginia) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.