- Posted: over a month ago
Utilidata is a fast-growing energy technology company that is digitizing the grid-edge to unleash the full potential of clean energy. Our industry-leading software solutions create visibility to the edge of the grid and optimize grid operations. We are leveraging our proven expertise to build new solutions that leverage real-time data and AI to integrate more clean energy and support an electrified transportation system.
We are expanding our diverse team of experts and looking for an experienced electrician who is highly creative, collaborative, and adaptive. This role requires “pushing the edge at the grid edge” while operating at the nexus of embedded systems engineering, power systems engineering, data science, algorithms, rapid prototyping, and hardware certification. This is a hybrid position based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Candidates will be expected to report in-person for a portion of the work week and collaborate cross-functionally with remote teams based across the country.
- Assist in the design and installation of state-of-the-art grid-edge metering hardware incorporating complex electronic circuits with analog, digital, microcontroller, and wireless/IoT components
- Assist in prototyping and in-house assembly/modification of energy meters and enclosures suitable for both U.S. and overseas metering applications and capable of achieving relevant certifications (UL, CE, etc.)
- Write internal test, installation, and quality procedures and external support documentation
- Support lab technicians, scientists, and contract manufacturers in testing of new hardware and help establish and ensure laboratory safety protocols
- Conduct background research and in-the-field discovery of utility/customer requirements, evolving standards (UL, FCC, etc.), changing utility protocols, and competitive products
- Master Electrician, or Journeyman Electrician with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field and deep knowledge of the NEC
- Significant experience as both a Lineman and Wireman; must possess end-to-end knowledge from the substation to behind-the-meter loads in commercial, industrial, and residential settings
- Detail oriented, highly organized, deadline-driven, and able to document work
- Willing to travel internationally to support deployment of new technologies
Enhanced Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Experience installing DERs such as PV arrays, battery banks, generators, microturbines, small wind, etc.
- Experience installing meter collars (ConnectDER, GenerLink transfer switch, Tesla Backup Switch, etc.) and commercial/residential vehicle charging equipment
- Knowledge of demand response programs, virtual DER/VPP concepts and applications, and other emerging utility programs to enhance grid resilience
- Experience integrating current measurement, surge protection, and other modular components into complex electronic assemblies
- Experience with vehicle electronic systems, including diagnostics and PHEV/BEV charging
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000+ depending on experience
Utilidata values the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
We are committed to:
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is welcoming, supportive, affirming and respectful
- Empowering employees to solve problems and work together to make a difference
- Providing mentorship and growth opportunities as part of a collaborative team
- A flexible work environment with flexible paid time off
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, and employer-match 401k
Powered by JazzHR
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?