UHEAA, the Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority, is a Utah state government agency and part of the Utah System of Higher Education. UHEAA helps Utah students and their families plan, prepare, and pay for college. Our vision is to provide the best student loan experience anywhere and to improve the quality of life for Utahns by removing financial barriers to higher education.
We are looking for dependable and enthusiastic people to join our Customer Solutions team. We believe in career growth so every employee has an opportunity to advance his or her career. As a Customer Service Representative, you will counsel borrowers through inbound and outbound calls, update accounts, locate borrowers, and perform collection activities on current, early, and late-stage delinquent accounts in a call center environment. Interested? Apply now!
- Answer inbound and make outbound calls (high volume at times).
- Collection activities.
- Process customer payments.
- Research loan information to resolve customer inquiries.
- Data Entry (log customer-call notes)
- E-mail management.
- Typing (basic typing skills needed)
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Friendly, service-oriented, dedicated and motivated to grow.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to speak clearly, using a courteous pleasant tone.
- Aptitude to learn new material quickly.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience dealing with difficult situations and customer challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual and team goals.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Basic typing skills.
A competency skill assessment focused on computer proficiency is part of the application testing process.
A high school diploma or GED is required.
This is a non exempt position with a pay rate of $13.25 per hour. Increases occur as employees certify to work on our Tier 2 and Tier 3 teams. In addition, we offer a pay differential for those selected for our bilingual (Spanish/English) representative team.
Sponsorship & Requirements:
- USHE does not offer work sponsorship.
- Due to our federal contract, US Citizenship status is required and any student loans cannot be in default.
- Full time shifts: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, must be flexible to work shifts between 6am-8pm.
- Regular, on-site attendance is required.
We have an excellent training class to ensure you are as successful as possible, training is held Monday- Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
We offer a competitive hourly rate plus benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent retirement plans (At no cost to you, we invest 14.2% of your annual salary into a retirement plan!)
- Tuition reduction (50%) at the University of Utah after 6 months
- Tuition reimbursement after 90 days for business related courses (approved by HR)
- Free Trax and Frontrunner passes
- Free covered parking pass
- Green initiative: $20.00 extra, monthly, for using public transportation instead of covered parking.
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
The Utah System of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Click here to view all USHE jobs.
(Keywords; typing, finance, data entry, student loans, customer service, contact center, call center, clerical, administrative, non-profit, higher education, University of Utah)