We are looking for a highly motivated individual that can work independently, as well as with a team; is well-organized, task-oriented, and has an aptitude for being analytical. This person will be a member of our internal help desk team that coordinates with staff to resolve system issues. This team is responsible for all system access, runs batch processes (outside the servicing system) and participates in the design and testing of system efficiency initiatives.
- Review and resolve daily errors.
- Add and maintain system letter requests.
- Receive and manage internal help desk calls.
- Research system errors or issues as they are found throughout the day.
- Coordinate with our external system provider and other vendors, as necessary, to resolve system errors or issues.
- Review and analyze servicing system changes in a timely manner.
- Test and validate servicing system changes.
- Write business requirements for data queries and scripts.
- Perform quality assurance testing of the data queries and scripts
- Participate on project teams, as necessary, to brainstorm and complete assigned tasks.
- Interact with business operations and IT staff as part of the requirements gathering process and implementation of programs developed.
- Ability to complete all other tasks assigned by leadership.
- Full time, in person attendance is required for this position.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of US Department of Education Title IV loan programs.
- Working knowledge of OneLINK and COMPASS systems.
- Understanding of Automated dialer system.
- Experience with automating operations processes.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Formal testing experience.
- Process improvement experience.
- Change management and project management.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in education and related experience will be considered.
- Loan servicing industry experience
- System testing
This is an entry-level position with a minimum salary of $46,018.00.
- USHE/UHEAA does not sponsor work visas as an organization.
- Due to our Federal Contract, this position requires a current US Citizenship status and student loans cannot be in default status.
This is how we say thank you to our employees. We offer…
- Great Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans starting on day 1
- Generous Retirement plans
- Tuition reduction at the University of Utah
- Wellness plan
- Free UTA, Trax, and Frontrunner passes
- Free covered parking
- Generous paid time off (12 working days per year) and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
The Utah System of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.