The Linux Systems Administrator role is largely responsible for maintaining Linux and some Windows server systems as well as user account administration for the organization. Primary responsibilities of this role include performance tuning of LAMP applications, working help/trouble tickets, maintain backups, patching, remediation of security vulnerabilities and user account administration. This role also requires a service oriented mentality, the ability to learn and troubleshoot new technologies and to work as part of dedicated team of experienced professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Linux Systems Administrator must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily:
- Work help/trouble tickets in timely manner.
- Provision new accounts and permissions.
- Maintain Linux servers (afterhours patching, OS upgrades, server migrations, etc.).
- Provisioning new Linux servers.
- OS security hardening.
- Manage backup and recovery processes to ensure recovery timelines can be met.
- Participate in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery preparations and testing.
- Participate in afterhours help line rotation.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time performing work on a computer.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree, Linux RHCA/RHCE (or other Linux certification(s)), or equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Linux Server Administrator
- 2-3 years of experience as a Windows Server Administrator a plus
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, monthly afterhours system maintenance will be required.
- USHE/UHEAA does not sponsor work visas as an organization.
- This position requires a 6c clearance level; due to our Federal Government Contract, this position requires a current US Citizenship status and student loans cannot be in default status.
This is how we say thank you to our employees. We offer…
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent retirement plans (At no cost to you, we invest 14.2% of your annual salary into a retirement plan!)
- Tuition reduction (50%) at the University of Utah after 6 months
- Tuition reimbursement after 90 days for business related courses (approved by HR)
- Free Trax and Frontrunner passes
- Free covered parking pass
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
The Utah System of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.