- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Provide assistance to escalated ombudsman student loan borrowers
- Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of compliance auditors.
- Reviews selected operational activities for accuracy.
- Helps others by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Follows and maintains well-established procedures with limited latitude to alter sequences or methods.
- Ability to complete all other tasks as assigned.
- In person, full-time attendance is required.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in account reconciliation and financial or statistical analysis.
- Working knowledge of legal compliance, research skills and reporting research results.
- Experience in student loan regulations is preferred.
Sponsorship & Requirements:
- USHE does not offer work sponsorship.
- Due to our federal contract, US Citizenship status is required and any student loans cannot be in default.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in a related field of study is preferred; a combination of education and experience in student loans or finance will be considered.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent retirement plans (At no cost to you, we invest 14.2% of your annual salary into a retirement plan!)
- Tuition reduction (50%) at the University of Utah after 6 months
- Tuition reimbursement after 90 days for business related courses (approved by HR)
- Free Trax and Frontrunner passes
- Free covered parking pass
- Green initiative: $20.00 extra, monthly, for using public transportation instead of covered parking.
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
The Utah System of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.