Business Systems Analyst I – Strategic Projects
Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority (UHEAA) is a non-profit Utah state agency that helps families finance higher education. Our vision is to provide the best student loan experience anywhere and to improve the quality of life by removing financial barriers to higher education. We value students’ success from filling out the FAFSA application to responsible loan borrowing to successful loan repayment. When students achieve their educational dreams, we know we have done our part.
We are looking for a dependable, enthusiastic, and tech-savvy person to join our Strategic Projects team as a Business Systems Analyst I.
- Write business requirements and design specifications for data queries and scripts.
- Perform quality assurance testing of the data queries and scripts.
- Participate on project teams to brainstorm and complete projects as assigned.
- Interact with business operations and IT staff as part of the requirements gathering process and implementation of programs developed.
- Perform promotion of SAS/script code changes.
- Participate in Change Control Board meetings.
- Ability to complete all tasks assigned by leadership.
- Full time, in person attendance is required for this position.
- Experience with automating operations processes.
- Working knowledge of US Department of Education Title IV loan programs.
- Working knowledge of OneLINK and COMPASS systems.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Formal testing.
- Process Improvement.
- Change management and project management.
- Experience in software testing.
- Experience in the loan servicing industry.
- Experience with SQL.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in education and related experience.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
This is an entry-level position with a minimum salary of $46,018.00.
- USHE/UHEAA does not sponsor work visas as an organization.
- Due to our Federal Contract, this position requires a current US Citizenship status and student loans cannot be in default status.
This is how we say thank you to our employees. We offer…
- Great Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans starting on day 1
- Generous Retirement plans
- Tuition reduction at the University of Utah
- Wellness plan
- Free UTA, Trax, and Frontrunner passes
- Free covered parking
- Generous paid time off (12 working days per year) and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
The Utah System of Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.