Do not apply through ZipRecruiter. Apply as directed below:
Application Deadlines: If interested, please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three letters of recommendation no later than May 22, 2020 to:
Jessica Dunn, Director
5180 S 875 E #2
Murray, UT 84107
Administrative Assistant - Jordan UniServ (Note: The Jordan UniServ is affiliated with the UEA but is an independent employer.)
The Jordan UniServ office supports the Canyons Education Association (CEA) and Jordan Education Association (JEA), professional organizations serving and protecting the rights of educators employed by the Canyons and Jordan School Districts in Salt Lake County, Utah. We are a small professional office responsible for the organizing, advocacy, workplace negotiations and management for elected CEA and JEA leadership and members.
This position is for an administrative assistant in a small professional office environment. A successful candidate will be responsible for office operations including:
- All bookkeeping responsibilities including accounts payable/receivable, check process, bank deposits, investment account reconciliation, general ledger maintenance, and annual audit preparations for three separate agencies.
- Processing and maintenance of web-based membership data system for two separate entities.
- Responsible for front office including answering phones with multiple lines and other varied office skills including meeting preparations, mailings, and general office correspondence.
- Ability to perform accounting related functions in an organized, accurate, and timely manner to meet current obligations. Provide clear accounting records for management review on a regular basis.
- Ability to write and communicate in a professional manner with staff, leaders, and outside agencies.
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills such as scheduling or rearranging work to meet deadlines. Must be self-motivated and perform duties efficiently without constant supervision. Must establish own work priorities.
- Minimum of three years bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Effective written and verbal skills with a 65 WPM typing skill.
- History of excellent customer service.
- Competency in computer-based accounting system such as QuickBooks.
- Competency in all Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Ability to utilize technology including web-based applications, Internet, networked PC’s, and electronic correspondence.
- Familiarity with payroll functions including semi-monthly payroll preparation, tax deposits, and quarterly tax preparation.
- Post-secondary experience preferred but must be a high school graduate.
- Five years’ experience in an office environment with at least three years in bookkeeping/accounting assignments.
- Ability to begin work on June 15, 2020 (contingent upon COVID-19 restrictions).
Standard office conditions prevail. Some job stress may be experienced as a result of tight deadlines during peak periods of workload and frequent interruptions. Limited local travel is involved. Attendance at meetings held after regular business hours and off-site is required at least twice a month.
The Jordan UniServ offers a competitive salary and benefits package to qualified candidates.
Training opportunities available for payroll, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office, if needed.
Jordan UniServ is an Equal Opportunity Employer