Utah Clean Energy is a nonprofit advocacy organization based in Salt Lake City that works to stop energy waste, create clean energy, and build a smart energy future. We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Development Director to plan, coordinate, and implement Utah Clean Energy’s donor development program. This position is an integral part of Utah Clean Energy’s fundraising team and responsible for the solicitation and stewardship of individual donors at all levels, including: annual appeals, major gifts, new donor cultivation, stewardship, and planning fundraising/cultivation events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop meaningful relationships with current donors, potential donors, and foundation representatives, and engage members of Utah Clean Energy’s staff and board to make the most of those partnerships.
• Oversee a portfolio of donors, secure major gifts at the $5,000 to $100,000 level, and work collaboratively with Utah Clean Energy’s staff and board to identify new prospective donors from within and outside Utah Clean Energy’s existing network.
• Work with the Executive Director and Director of Communications to develop and refine major gift strategies, with annual goals to increase individual giving to Utah Clean Energy.
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, assist the board and other staff with solicitations, and coordinate the board’s Development Committee.
• Plan and carry out an annual calendar of donor and foundation meetings, cultivation activities, and special events, in coordination with Utah Clean Energy’s leadership and team members.
• Identify and implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship and appreciation.
• Using our donor database, track donor activities, communications, assign tasks to staff for follow-up, and maintain all donor files.
• Produce materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors, supporters and potential allies.
• Identify and secure support for special events, fundraisers, and the annual Party for Clean Power.
• Bachelor's degree, plus a minimum of five (5) years of development experience, with a proven record of closing gifts above $25,000.
• The maturity, integrity, professionalism, and experience to earn the trust and confidence of donors, board leadership, and foundation partners.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly articulate and align Utah Clean Energy’s mission, vision and values to donors and donor prospects.
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, think strategically and to achieve results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams. Experience with Network for Good or similar donor database preferred.
• Ability to work occasional night or weekend events or meetings.
• Desire to be a part of an influential team of professionals, who embrace high quality, impactful work and a healthy work-life balance.
Utah Clean Energy
Salt Lake City, UT