Utah Behavior Services is looking to fill several entry-level full-time Behavior Technician positions in our Riverdale Clinic and in the homes of clients in the Weber/Davis County areas. A technician is an entry-level position with opportunities to build or advance your career as a behaviorist by pursuing various credentials through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. Whether you’re interested in starting your path or already enrolled and looking for supervision hours, this could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals and be apart of a growing organization. Apply today!
Why work for us? We take care of you, so you can take care of the clients.
Full Time and Part Time available
Entry Level position
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification within 90 days
$2 dollar pay raise when certified as RBT
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
Paid Time Off, Holidays
Gas Cards for Travel
Internship opportunities for students
Student loan Repayment Program
Psychology degree? Get your foot in the door and grow with us!
The Behavior Technician conducts in the clinic as well as in-home Intensive Intervention Behavior Therapy Services to children with a diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder or other diagnoses or delays using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Behavior Techs will also staff clients in social skills group settings in addition to in-home sessions. Comprehensive Paid training will be provided to equip staff to fulfill position responsibilities, including earning the Registered Behavior Technician credential. Those who already hold the RBT credential are highly encouraged to apply!
Full-time 30 hours per week
Part-time 21 hours per week (7 sessions), with a minimum of 3 evening sessions (4-7 pm). Availability including three evenings is highly preferred. Some Saturday availability for a morning (9-12) OR a mid-session (12:30-3:30). If employment is offered, you will be required to become a Registered Behavior Technician or (RBT) within 90 days from hire.
· Independently conducts 1:1 behavior therapy shifts (usually 3 hours in length per shift) using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
· Address Behavior Service Plan (BSP) objectives using procedures approved by the Program Supervisor, including collecting and recording data accurately and efficiently by policies established by Utah Behavior Services and the standards of the field outlined by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
· Attend and participate in supervision sessions to review child progress and Behavior Technician work performance with the Program Supervisor, parents, team members, schools, and other providers.
· Demonstrate basic competency with Behavior Interventionist skill requirements following initial intensive training and observation period.
· Demonstrate creativity and flexibility with program delivery and engagement with the child. Demonstrate self-motivation, time management skills, analytic skills, and above all, an ability to support teammates and the company as a united team for each client and family.
· Behavior Techs must make themselves available to complete mandatory ongoing, required training, scheduled at various times throughout the year including evenings and weekends.
· Display honesty and integrity in all elements of job performance and interactions with teammates, due to the independent, field-based nature of in-home ABA.
Must have a high school diploma
Must provide a copy of the current driving record (annually).
All applicants must pass state and federal background checks (annually) as required by the State of Utah to work with children. Any items on driving record or background check may be cause for non-employment and will be handled on a case-by-case basis with Executive approval.
Preferred experience: conducting discrete trial training, Pivotal Response training, use of applied behavior analysis procedures and experience with children. Comprehensive training is provided to all new hires, regardless of background.
Speak, write, read fluently in the English language.
Must be comfortable using iPads and computers to use various web-based software systems for carrying out intervention programs, recording data, and adhering to company standards for scheduling and time submission. Must read and respond to multiple company emails per day. Must have access to an internet connection outside of work hours.
Ability to maintain confidentiality about children, families, Interventionists, staff and any other protected health information (PHI).
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation to and from client homes and UTBS office.
Job Type: Full-Time, Flexible Schedule, Benefits, Health, Dental, Vision, 401k available, Paid Training, Earn your RBT Certification, Grow your career with UTBS.
Hourly: $11.00 to $15.00/hour. Pay is negotiable and depends on experience.