- Posted: 1 day ago
- $75,000 to $95,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for overseeing and improving assembly, machining, and other related processes in our facility.
Who We Are
- Founded in 1875 and headquartered in Switzerland, Uster Technologies is now a part of Toyota Industries.
- We are a global provider of quality control equipment for the textile industry in which we are regarded as the benchmark for quality.
- Our Knoxville team has delivered locally developed innovations to customers around the globe for the last 50 years.
- Our instruments play a role in the manufacture of nearly every cotton textile product produced on the planet.
Who You Are
- An experienced and energetic engineering professional who engages in positive teamwork and exhibits a continuous improvement mindset.
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset and seeks an environment where creativity and innovative spirit are welcomed and encouraged.
- Enjoys the camaraderie of a smaller global organization of highly skilled talent.
What We Offer
- Business casual environment, flexible work hours, and a commitment to maintaining an appropriate work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus bonus package.
- Outstanding benefits including: 401(k) with company match and profit sharing; medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances; paid time off and holidays.
- Apply LEAN principles to assess, analyze, and optimize manufacturing processes and layouts.
- Develop, implement, and manage standard work and KPI reporting tools.
- Serve as process owner during the launch of new products in manufacturing.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques and LEAN tools to develop and implement changes to improve performance related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Educate employees on proper methods in which to perform operations and operate machinery, where needed.
- Diagnose origin of breakdowns, including human error, and troubleshoot problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering; master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years proven experience in production/industrial engineering; managerial experience a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is essential; implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- Possess a wide breadth of knowledge related to electronics and mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access).
- ERP experience (SAP or IFS preferred)
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to twenty-five (50) pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use PC for extended periods of time.
- May be required to occasionally work non-traditional hours in support of global projects or international conference calls.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required including internationally. Total required travel is less than 10%.
• We are a global provider of quality control equipment for the textile industry in which we are regarded as the benchmark for quality.
• Our Knoxville team has delivered locally developed innovations to customers around the globe for the last 50 years.
• Our instruments play a role in the manufacture of nearly every cotton textile product produced on the planet.
Uster Technologies, Inc.
456 Troy CircleKnoxville, TN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?