You will be joining our dynamic Customer Support Team as a Linux Technical Support Representative in our Calgary office, providing support to our customers, accepting technical escalations in your areas of expertise, liaising with both clients and our software development team, and maintaining technical documentation.
You are passionate about Linux, either professionally or personally or both! You love working with hardware and software, and helping people. You have great communications skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, are eager to share your knowledge and skills with our team, and are a superior troubleshooter. If any of these sparks your interest, we would love to hear from you!
- Provide a superior customer experience through a positive, can-do attitude and technical expertise.
- Answer incoming calls and emails promptly and professionally.
- Create and manage support cases and follow them to full resolution.
- Accept technical escalations in your areas of expertise, and ensure customer issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain technical support documentation with up-to-date solutions in simple, plain English.
- Train and mentor colleagues in your areas of expertise, encouraging all team members to develop broad proficiencies.
- Liaise with in-house developers to design and document new solutions when new issues present themselves.
- Reproduce errors for new issues, record and document appropriate data to facilitate bug-fixes.
- Help improve departmental practices, tools and performance.
- Knows and loves Linux.
- Punctual and reliable. Able to work a set shift (9:30 to 5:30), and able to monitor and respond to tickets from home on alternating Saturdays.
- Strong software background, especially in Red Hat and its derivatives such as CentOS.
- Knowledgeable in Bash shell scripting.
- Ability to isolate and reproduce software and hardware errors.
- Good communication skills in the English language, both written and oral.
- Ability to easily communicate technical information with both highly technical people as well as lay-people.
- Ability to focus on tasks at hand in a busy environment.
- Strongly self-motivated, thriving on challenge, driven to succeed.
Ideal Candidates will also have:
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish assisting with deployments in Latin America.
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field is an asset.
- A RHCE / RHCT certificate (Red Hat Certified Engineer/Technician)
- Technical Support Experience.
- Experience with network principles and troubleshooting techniques.
- Passion for computers, technology, and Userful's products and mission.
- Great people skills, with a strong customer-service focus.
- High tolerance for change, as our company grows and develops.
- Resiliency under pressure, with a flexible and reliable work style.