Title: Medical Information Specialist
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Term: 1 year with potential to extend
The Medical Information & Education Associate assists the Sr Associate as the point of contact for all inquiries received in Medical Information via phone, email, and mail from health care professionals, consumers/patients, field personnel, internal business partners and other customers. Responds to non-clinical product information requests, clinical trial inquiries and escalates clinical, complex and/or off-label product inquiries appropriately.
The Medical Information & Education Associate handles other non-product or business-related inquiries.
· Oversees the creation of fulfillment packages for medical information inquiries via email, mail, fax and web chat and manages the administrative function for the product information database. In addition, he/she manages the associated procedures, training, job aids and service quality standards for the role.
· Manages the replacement process for potential technical product complaints and serves as the liaison to Quality Systems for quality issues and information.
· Collects Adverse Event reports from external or internal customers on an as-needed basis.
The Medical Information & Education Associate creates reports for designated inquiries. Develops product information resources, technology enhancements, customer service improvements, and performance improvement projects and activities.
The Medical Information & Education Associate also assists the Sr Associate with management of Medical Education committee meetings, including preparing review packets for the committee, updating necessary trackers, performing any necessary reconciliation, and maintaining budget records for the department. Will also perform ad hoc administrative duties such as calendar management, and travel and expense reports for the team.
1. Respond to product information inquiries, clinical trial inquiries and select business and non-product related inquiries from health care professionals, consumers/patients, field staff, internal business partners and other customers. Escalate off-label and product inquiries. Serve as liaison to Quality Systems for product quality issues and information.
2. Prepare and distribute grant review packets for Medical Education Grant meetings; accurately capture all reviewers comments at meetings; update agendas and CME trackers as appropriate; assist with budget management; prepare necessary reports, email alerts, and other communications with providers.
3. Perform necessary reconciliation of CME programs and maintain grant and provider historical data.
4. Create and manage procedures, training, job aids and service quality standards for medical information inquiries. Contribute to customer service recovery strategies and crisis management strategies.
5. Assists with product literature database management.
6. Conduct quality monitoring, create reports and contribute to development of product information resources, technology enhancements, customer service improvements and performance improvement projects and activities.
7. Create fulfillment packages for medical information inquiries via email, mail, fax or web chat. Manage administrative function for the product information database.
8. Perform other administrative duties for the Medical Education department as needed, including calendar management, travel and expense reports, etc…
• Bachelor’s Degree in a health care related field with minimum 1-3 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or other healthcare-related field using customer service skills.
• Requires strong team and communication skills. Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and basic scientific understanding. Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
• Superior skills in using database software management, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and internet search skills.
For JOB CANDIDATES we have direct relationships with hiring managers! Also, we can provide better insight into open job roles as well as present your resume directly in front of the hiring manager.
UserEdge Technical PersonnelUserEdge, founded in 1995, is a boutique agency providing mid to large-sized companies with direct hire recruitment, contract-to-permanent hire, as well as contract staffing primarily in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. We are a highly specialized agency and our core focus is in Training (instructional design, eLearning, training, etc.), User Experience (Web visual design, UX design, UX research, etc.) and Documentation (technical writing, marketing communications, regulatory documentation, etc.), Project Management of above areas as well as Business Analysis. For JOB CANDIDATES we have direct relationships with hiring managers! Also, we can provide better insight into open job roles as well as present your resume directly in front of the hiring manager.