We are seeking a Network Operations Engineer for our client - a rapidly growing Fortune 100 technology organization. See below for the job description and qualifications:
- The Operations Engineer will be responsible for supporting our client's internal and external mission-critical applications. Due to the 24/7/365 nature of the fNOC, this role may require flexible or off-hours work schedules.
- Monitor all aspects of the global infrastructure, providing first tier trouble-shooting and problem escalation as appropriate. Accurately evaluate the severity of an incident to provide event notification and status to the right audience. Coordinates the resolution of system events across multiple functional teams to ensure the timely resolution of the issue.
- Controls system access and passwords. Writes and reviews documentation for the team. Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Writes scripts to help automate workflow.
- 2+ years of incident management experience
- Exhibit excellent teamwork, focus on customer service and strong communication/documentation skills
- Able to multitask under pressure from time-critical events
- Have prior experience working in Global 24/7 IT Operations
- Run diagnostic tests and use specialized tools to detect job malfunctions, perform first tier trouble-shooting and alarm validation
- Be able to identify and diagnose customer pain points and own operational and small project delivery tasks
- Be able to support, mentor and provide technical leadership guidance to other team members and customers. Act as a subject matter expert in IT Service & Escalation management
- Familiarity with two more of the following domain focus areas: Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Enterprise Service Management (ESM), Service Desk, Help-desk, Call Center, Data Center Operations, Server Operations, and & understanding of Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in data center or network operations with HA (high availability) and/ or 24X7 service level objectives desirable, or in a Service Desk/Call Center with 24x7 operations.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis as well as advanced writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- BS or equivalent and 2-7 years of related experience.
DATA CENTER OPERATIONS
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
UrsusUrsus, Inc. is a privately held leader in providing business and technology consulting services that transform organizations through innovative cloud, I.T infrastructure and talent services and solutions.Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. We place the highest priority on understanding unique client needs first, ensuring mutual, best-fit success and integration of people, service and product. Learn more at www.ursusinc.com.