Position: Operations Technician - Datacenter
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: 1 year contract
About the Role:
We are currently looking for an experienced, customer focused, energetic & detail-oriented individual to join our evolving Data Center (DC) Operations Team. DC Operations technician is a crucial role in our day to day DC operations contributing towards stability & uptime of the DC environment. This is a front line responder role for any hands-on requirement in the data center supporting assets hosted by various teams within the company.
Perform hardware rack & stack and OS installs
Provision layer 1 network connection and perform basic level testing to confirm first hop connectivity
Able to perform intermediate level remote hands role in troubleshooting of hardware, OS & network issues
Coordinate vendor visits for project & part replacements
Track & maintain logs for hardware arrival & dispatch in/out of the data center
Label & document data center assets in a centralized location and keep it up to date
Keep track of rack level space & power utilization and capture data in a centralized location
Perform daily visible inspection and proactively inform issues to the relevant asset owners
Responsible for managing hot spares for all production hosts & services
Responsible for managing stock of basic day to day use assets like cables, connectors, labels, cables ties etc..
Help maintain hardware warranty and support level agreements for production hardware
Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a complex mission critical data center environment
- Attention to details
- Proven self-starter
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing hardware install, troubleshooting & parts replacement tasks
- Should have intermediate level knowledge of networking concepts, topology & protocols
- Should have experience in creating & maintaining setup diagrams, system hand-over, inventory & spares management documentation
- Should have intermediate level system admin skills in managing Windows & Linux systems
- Regularly lift and or move items up to 40 pounds and participate in group lifts for heavier items
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Available for off-hour & weekend maintenance activities.
- Available for occasional business travel