Graduate Assistant, Career & Post-Grad Development (Part-time)
Scope and Summary of Position:
The Graduate Assistant, Career and Post-Graduate Development (CPD) plays a key role in helping the Career office team in accomplishing our mission. Once trained, the GA will provide individual career counseling to students on a variety of topics including resume/cover letter writing, interview practice, job searching and networking searches. This practicum is 8-10 hours per week and is primarily during business hours with exceptions to after-hours events. This position begins in fall 2023 and will conclude on the final day of the semester. The position reports to the Associate Director, Career and Post-Graduate Development.
- Provide individual career counseling appointments to students in all majors
- Coordinate and conduct practice interviews with students in all majors
- Design and present workshops to residence halls and student groups on various career related topics
- Assist the staff with the planning, marketing and implementation of all Career Office programming:
- Maintain knowledge of Handshake, online career management system
- Attend weekly staff and assessment meetings
- Graduate student in accredited program - Higher Education, Counseling, Student Affairs
- Previous experience working with students in an academic setting (i.e., career coaching; etc.) is strongly preferred
- Ability to accept responsibilities included in the job description as well as any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the CPD Office
- Ability to demonstrate time management and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate effective communication (oral and written) across a broad constituency of individuals, including students, parents, campus faculty and staff
- Appreciation and empathy for diversity, cultural competency, and sensitivity to the needs of others (i.e. students, staff, and faculty)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to function in a team environment
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility are required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job responsibilities and activities may be modified or changed at any time with or without notice. Job descriptions will be audited periodically by the Ursinus Human Resources department to ensure they are up-to-date and reflect the essential responsibilities and duties of the job.
Interested candidates should hit the apply button. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.
Ursinus CollegeCollegeville, PA
EducationView All Ursinus College Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.