Bilingual in Spanish required.
The Medical Assistant performs duties related to assisting the physician in the overall care of the patient. These duties include but are not limited to rooming patients, taking histories, assisting with procedures, drawing blood, ordering supplies, and performing other clerical duties as times allows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to phone calls for test results, medication refills, postop visits, scheduling appointments, etc.
• Put patients in room, follows the initial intake process, and is available for instructions from the physician regarding the patient.
• Schedules follow up appointments for nursing treatments.
• Collects urine samples, obtains medical history and notes in chart.
• Takes vitals, BP, Temperature and Weight.
• Checks that lab results, op reports, etc. are in chart.
• Draws blood for labs as ordered by physician and process urinalysis.
• Sends specimens to the laboratory with necessary, accurate paperwork.
• Educates patient in catheter care, self-catheter, preparation for procedures, and injection as required.
• Performs and/or schedules Phlebotomy as required.
• Processes paper labs and imaging for physician review.
• Ensures all equipment is in working order.
• Keep appropriate logs regarding medications noting expiration dates.
• Cleans, wraps and re-sterilizes equipment.
• Orders medical supplies.