This position will require travel between the Grayslake, Lake Forest and Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin offices.
Interact with clients', medical professionals and additional team both within the clinic and at outside facilities offering precise, prompt and responsive information to facilitate the best patient care daily.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Schedules patients’ appointments either via phone or upon checkout according to scheduling guidelines. This includes but is not limited to requesting and verifying proper address, phone number, primary care physician, pharmacy, date of birth, insurance information and other demographics as required.
- Greets patients on arrival and checks them in for their appointment. Patient check in requires but is not limited to verifying patient personal information, insurance information and other demographics as required. Scans in insurance cards and photo ID. Enters proper insurance information into practice management system for new patients. Obtains proper consents and necessary referrals and properly attaches appropriate referral to patient charts. Sends patients to washroom to provide urinalysis.
- At conclusion of physician visit, checks patients out. Patient check out requires but is not limited to, providing patient with written clinical summary, scheduling next appointment, providing patient with patient portal information so they can log on to the Uropartners’ patient portal.
- Answer phones and directs calls and message appointments to appropriate staff.
- Providing patients with appropriate room for the evaluation and discussion of medical records, or results done by the appropriate medical staff.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits and collections, preparing and sending financial statements and bills, keeping financial records and any other needed data entry.
- Effectively and promptly balance cash receipts and credit card receipts at the end of clinic
- Collect co-pays as well as patient balances.
- Verify insurance coverage and determine patient’s balances to be collected.
- Prepare invoices and collect monies for medical records.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred: One year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three to six months related experience and/or training.This position has no license or certification requirements.
- Teamwork/Cooperation: Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths. Seeks to understand and build on differing perspectives of others to enhance team efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Working with Others: Works well and cooperates with other staff members. Is courteous, tactful, and has a team spirit. Communicates in a clear, concise, effective, and timely manner, both orally and in writing. Displays well developed listening skills.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to adapt to constantly changing circumstances while maintaining a professional perspective. Engages in continuous learning, adjusts the application of knowledge, skills and abilities while addressing new challenges as contextual realities change.
- Client Service: Incorporates and demonstrates customer service strategies in dealing with people in order to achieve the organization’s goal of providing quality comprehensive urological care.
Why Work Here?UroPartners is a privately held, premier healthcare group covering over 600 miles of the Chicagoland area. UroPartners is the second largest urology group practice in the country with more than 60 physicians, and nearly 400 employees. Our physicians offer outstanding urological care at over 30 Chicagoland offices, 35 hospitals, two radiation prostate treatment centers, and a pathology lab. Our hospital affiliations include but are not limited to: Advocate Health Care, AMITA, North Shore University Health System, Northwestern Medicine, Presence Health, and Rush Health System. Our focus is to provide world-class Urological care and the best experience for our patients.
UroPartners is the largest Urology Group in the Midwest and we are growing!
Pleasant Prairie, WI