Apparel import company looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented individual to join our accounting team. Ability to multi-task with great attention to detail highly regarded. A pleasant demeanor, a can-do attitude, and professional work ethic sought after. Must be able to maintain financial confidentiality. Bi-lingual(Spanish) helpful.
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
• Must be motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Positive/proactive attitude with strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Team player and have ability to work independently.
• Experience in apparel industry with wholesale customer’s vendor portal access (i.e. Nordstrom, Zulily, Amazon, etc.) is a plus
• Accounts Payable responsibilities:
- Process new vendor setup requests, including obtaining all required documents (W-9 form and initial vendor invoice)
- Process SG&A vendor invoices and payments
- Review vendor statements and enter invoice adjustments or credit memos
- Code invoices to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Maintain A/P filing cabinet with all documentation in orderly and organized manner
• Accounts Receivable responsibilities:
- Process Desktop (remote) Deposits of checks
- Post/enter customer payments (checks, credit card, and wire)
- Reconcile customer statements, identify erroneous invoices, research and follow up on all short paid invoices due to shortage, chargeback and other claims.
- Respond to all customer inquiries regarding discrepancies or disputed invoices and resolve in a timely fashion.
- Maintain A/R filing cabinet with all documentation in orderly and organized manner
2+ years AR/Collections and AP
Experience with financial/ERP software is preferred
Excellent computer skills, especially in excell
Possess analytic and problem solving skills
Must be comfortable with Multi-Tasking
Accuracy and detail oriented
Professional Communication Skills
Urgent Gear Inc