Medical Assistant - CMA
Urgent Care for Children Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $17 Hourly
Who we are:
Urgent Care for Children (UC4C) are top rated 'pediatric only' urgent care centers based out of Birmingham, AL. Our vision is to be the leading pediatric urgent care provider in the Southern United States.
We believe in delivering 'Quality Care' with 'Less Waiting' and 'Continuity of Care', 365 days a year. As healthcare continues to evolve, we continue to adapt and find new ways to improve the experience and patient satisfaction. We are considered leaders in the local pediatric urgent care industry by healthcare professionals across the region and beyond. We are highly rated by our families, and were recently selected as the best overall urgent care center in Birmingham, AL among all pediatric and adult urgent care centers.
Urgent Care for Children is searching for reliable Certified Medical Assistants to perform various office and clinical duties to keep our healthcare practice running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage patients efficiently as per clinic standard operating protocols
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Perform lab tests as per clinical protocols and as per medical provider orders
- Update and maintain all digital client records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Help in the front office as needed, taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Assist the nurse and office manager in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
Requirements for Interview:
- Our clinics are open afterhours and weekends. Willingness to work evenings and 2 weekends a month is a strict must
- Associate degree in a medical field (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- Pediatric experience a plus
- High level of professionalism
- Strong customer service skills
- Inventory management experience
- Experience in using electronic medical record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work in a team setting
Benefits and Payment:
- Excellent payment
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Good retirement plan with generous matching when eligible
Urgent Care for ChildrenWhy Work Here?
Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you want to be a part of an encouraging team? Then UC4C is for you!
Urgent Care for Children was founded by a group of physicians who saw a need to provide a continuum of care for local pediatricians and offered an affordable alternative to the emergency room. As parents themselves, they understood that children’s illnesses or injuries don’t follow normal business hours. In 2017, UC4C opened its first clinic in Birmingham, Alabama with a mission to provide quality care with less waiting. Today, UC4C operates five clinics statewide in addition to a telemedicine portal that brings our clinic to you.
HealthcareView all jobs at Urgent Care for Children