- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As our live-in repair expert, you are an essential part of the resident experience! You will work closely with the Director of Maintenance to oversee the Porter and Maintenance team members to ensure all requests for repairs and improvements are handled in a timely manner.
What You'll Do
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards.
- Organize and prioritize service requests and general maintenance tasks to ensure all requests and repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate required records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, and other position related reports.
- Oversee turn-key operation.
- Ensure that vacant units are made rent-ready to meet 5-day turn policy.
- Perform tasks as required and/or schedule third party service vendors accordingly to meet turn policy timeline.
- Ensure all make-readies are inspected and tracked in resident management software, Entrata.
- Schedule and supervise porters and maintenance staff as well as the work performed by outside contractors.
- Ensure all preventative contracted services are scheduled and completed in a timely manner according to relative terms and conditions.
- Maintain a proper inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing service and maintaining the property.
- Purchase supplies as required, using standard purchase order system and proper bidding procedures.
- Oversee/prepare staffing schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely manner while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and service requests.
- Adhere to the company's safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the hazard communications program.
- Teach and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Assist with maintaining all grounds, including sidewalks, public walkways, and stairways, building exteriors, garden areas and dog runs in a neat, clean, and attractive condition.
- Ensure snow removal is completed in a timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate with third party company (if applicable) and/or manage with internal staff.
- Interview, hire, develop, and manage on-site maintenance and/or porter staff.
- Ensure staff is motivated and has the ability to function as an effective team that provides superior level of customer service.
- Work with DOM & GM to develop property budgets, marketing plans, and reforecasts.
- Solicit proposals and service agreements by following standardized bidding process.
- Manage job responsibilities and schedules for all team members based on business levels (third party service agreements included).
- Submit all emergency and incidents on company incident report templates and tracker forms within 24 hours of incidents.
- Schedule bi-annually safety inspection audit with third party company.
- Manage/schedule quarterly preventive maintenance inspections in dwelling units.
What You'll Need
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in managing maintenance or related professional area
- HVAC experience preferred
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and thoroughness
- Must be punctual & reliable
- Ability to communicate verbally clearly and pleasantly with tenants, management, and co-workers
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Generous PTO policy + EOY rollover
- 10 paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
More than just your salary
- 401k + company match
- Discounted employee rent program
- Free parking + pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly spot bonus programs
- Employee referral incentive
- Discounts at all in-house cafes
Health + Wellness
- Gym + pool access at any of our Urby locations
- 80% employer sponsored Cigna medical, dental, vision plans
- HSA + FSA with up to $2,500 company match
- Mental health support available through Ginger
- Social work environment with fast paced start-up energy
- Company outings including a beach party day!
- Complimentary snacks and monthly team lunches
- Casual but cool dress code
Growth + Development
- Networking events
- Exclusive trainings with inspirational industry experts
- Cross-training programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Get fresh Repairs jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.