SENIOR OR MID-LEVEL NETWORK/SYSTEMS & SUPPORT ENGINEER
We are seeking a Senior or Mid-Level Network/Systems Engineer. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to step up and take charge and show great attention to detail and follow through. You must exhibit both management skills but also be a hands on individual who is able to get the job done. In this position you will work with many technologies and engage in a vast array of tasks on a daily basis. Our company is a small privately owned local company which provides broadband internet, VoIP, Data Center Co-location and related services to businesses and government agencies. We have built and manage our own point to point and point to multi-point microwave networks as well as build and manage networks for government agencies in the surrounding area. We also operates the Chicago Southland Fiber Network and manage portions and provide services on the iFiber network.
This position requires prior experience as a Level 2 or above engineer. This is not an entry level
position. This position also requires that you live near our office/network operations center in Oak Forest, IL.
- Setup and Maintain Server infrastructure with Vmware & VMware ESXi
- Setup and maintain network switches, routers and firewalls
- Setup and Maintain Server infrastructure with Veeam Backup
- Customer support and management of field and support technicians
- Diagnose, isolate and resolve network and service outages
- Manage new customer provisioning (voice/phone and data/internet)
- Assist with network operations management
- Custom wireless and wired network design and provisioning
- Maintain current network infrastructure
- Server maintenance and provisioning including WordPress and web servers
- System monitoring and emergency response
- Test and implement new equipment or technology as it becomes available
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Science
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the IT field
- Strong telecommunications background
- Data Center operations background
- Experience working with commercial grade networks and VoIP systems
- Demonstrable leadership abilities and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or greater or equivalent experience
- Veeam VMCE or VMCA or greater or equivalent experience
- Ability to provide after-hours support 24/7 during specified on-call week rotation as part of the Network Operations Support 24/7/365 team
* Knowledge of/experience with:
- Linux operating systems & Windows operating systems
- Strong hands on experience with Cisco IOS configuring routes, VLan's, BGP
- VMware ESXi & Veeam Backup solutions
- VoIP technologies, including SIP, Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager
- TCP/IP, routing, switching, QoS
- Ciena Fiber Optic Switch technology
- Experience configuring complex policies with Cisco Firewall appliances
- Licensed RF/microwave technologies
- LAN/WAN equipment and technologies
- LAMP, UNIX, Linux
- Windows, Exchange Server
- Open source software and Linux Operating systems
- Web or software development experience a plus
This position is a permanent full time position.
Competitive wages are paid, based on applicant experience.
Benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Insurance / IRS Sec. 125 plan / 401K plan.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check, and drug screen.
Must be 18 yrs. or older with a valid drivers license.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color,
religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated
to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.