- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Urban Ventures Leadership Foundation
Job Title: Operations Administrator
Job Status: Full Time (32-36 hrs/wk)
Job Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Operations Manager
Department: Program Support; Administration
Effective Date: July 15, 2022
About Urban Ventures
Urban Ventures is a faith-based, nonprofit organization with the mission to educate children, strengthen their families, and build a healthy community. We partner with families in some the most under-resourced neighborhoods of south Minneapolis with one overarching goal-to send every youth to college or some form of post-secondary education.
32-36 hours per week, generally Monday-Thursday, 9 am - 5 pm; Friday, 9 am - 12 pm.
Provide front desk coverage by answering phones and buzzing in/greeting all visitors. Perform general operations of the main office including distributing mail and ordering supplies. Assist programs in registration, enrollment, communications, and data entry.
- Manage Urban Ventures' main office, including supply orders, food and beverage arrangements, and conference room scheduling
- Ensure coffee supplies are stocked and area is kept orderly
- Assist Human Resources and Finance with filing, shredding, and other general office tasks
- Collect and record receipts for purchases made on the company credit card
- Support Urban Ventures staff in office projects, as time permits
- Assist Operation Team in arranging meetings
- Order business cards for UV staff
- Greet visitors and offer coffee or water as they wait for their meeting to begin; notify appropriate staff
- Keep front desk area clean and organized
- Incoming Calls
- Answer calls to the general UV line and the registration line in a timely and friendly manner
- Provide general information about Urban Ventures
- Route calls to the correct people
- Check voicemails when a call is missed and forward or return, as appropriate
- Sort mail and sign for all deliveries; record incoming revenue and donations
- Keep office equipment functional and help staff with printer, fax, postage meter, etc. as needed
- Follow up with participant leads through phone calls, emails, etc.
- Assist participants and programs staff in registering for UV classes
- Provide excellent customer service to participants who have questions about programming
- Assist program staff in communicating with participants through calls, emails and text messages, especially to confirm registration and provide initial programming details
- Assist program staff with data entry into Salesforce, as time permits
- Miscellaneous projects as requested, as time permits
- Assist with translation and interpretation for participant communications.
- Maintain an updated calendar of UV programming.
- Track and communicate program food orders to partner organization.
- Bilingual- fluent Spanish/English required (reading and writing)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Warm and welcoming demeanor
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Growth mindset, willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to be productive with limited oversight
- Comfortable making phone calls and having one-on-one conversations in English and Spanish
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to work in Salesforce database and Microsoft Office suite
- Commitment to diversity and ability to work with people of all backgrounds
- Physical abilities common to office work environment and computer work
- Able to align with and articulate the mission and values of Urban Ventures
BusinessView all jobs at Urban Ventures