About the Job:
Urban Surfaces, a fast-growing floor covering manufacturer/distributor based out of Corona California, is looking for a Janitor to take care of our building and carry out cleaning, maintenance, and repair duties in an effort to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an exceptional eye for detail as well as take pride in their work and environment. They will understand that the building they take care of and maintain will be a direct reflection of them and their work. All team members of Urban Surfaces are expected to become part of the team, as well as possess a willingness to assist in all aspects of the business. Job duties associated with the Janitor position will be performed in a 28,000 square feet warehouse attached to a 2-story, 3,400 square feet office.
Hours: Part-Time, Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays, 8:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Janitor Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance/repair activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Safety risk assessment
- Assist with general warehouse duties as needed
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Ability to read and understand material labels & Safety Data Sheets
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
The work requires long periods of standing and walking. It also requires routine lifting, and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds (all may be performed while occasionally walking up 2 flights of stairs), bending, stretching, and repetitive motions.
About Urban Surfaces:
Since 2001, Urban Surfaces has been providing a positive environment for our employees where they can express their ideas and be a part of the history of our growing company. Part-time employees can enjoy an accrued Paid Time Off program. After working 1,000 hours within 1 year of employment, part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k Profit Sharing Plan and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan. Our organization is comprised of a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities which helps make for a great teamwork environment.
At Urban Surfaces, our core beliefs dictate our business operations, product development, and the overall direction of our brand. As we continue to evolve and grow, our promise to both team members and customers is that these values will remain constant.
- Relational: Because people matter, we commit to always treating our customers and each other with dignity, honor, and respect.
- Responsible: Because actions matter, we commit to always being clear in our business practices and accountable for the environment which we all share.
- Reliable: Because partnerships matter, we commit to always being dependable and responsive to our customers' needs.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.